Rhonda's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

I AM FLOORED that I enjoyed this YA Romance as much as I did! I found myself unable to resist turning the pages.

I’m not going to go into the plot much because it’s already been done beautifully!
This is a classic story of girl meets boy, from the wrong side of the tracks, but with a gangsta lean.
What starts out as a bet between Alex and one of his friends, involving Brittany turns into undeniable love. As these two lose their hearts to each other they find there is much more they have in common than what divides them. They are not only separated by social and economic status, but also have the racial barriers to overcome with their family and peers. These two discover so much about each other and themselves in the process.

I found the characters to be very likable, not only Alex and Brittany, but their best friends Paco (love Paco, sniff, sniff) and Sierra as well. In most YA books the best friend tends to be a little annoying., but not here. Paco provides some comic relief at times, and Sierra is wise beyond her years, and proves to be the best friend Brittany needs her to be!!

Thanks to all my GR friends that recommended or encouraged me to read this!!
Elena, XTRA thanks to you, you know why!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

October 26, 2010 – Shelved
November 1, 2010 – Started Reading
November 1, 2010 –
November 2, 2010 –
35.0% "I had to make myself put it down."
November 2, 2010 –
42.0% "I've been sneaking reads @ work!!! SHHHH"
November 2, 2010 –
63.0% "Don't ask me why I feel a need to claim her as mine. Maybe deep down I am a Neanerthal."
November 2, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* This book is SO SO good!! LOVED IT! & the sequel too. I also have her other 2 but havent read yet.

Rhonda I don't read much YA anymore but I am looking forward to these!! I'll be reading them soon, I have a couple I want to read first.

message 3: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 27, 2010 05:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* I LOVE this book, Rhonda! And Alex Fuentes. *sighs*

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Rhonda, read'm Asap! Seeing your updates will be a quick re-cap for me. Lolz! Ohhhh... Alex Fuentus! Yuuuum! Hahaha...

Rhonda Alright, let me finish my current read, you ladies are tough! Lol

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Trust us you wont be sorry!!

Rhonda Sandi, I trust all of you fabulous ladies!!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* How is it going, Rhonda?

Rhonda I only read a few pages last night, so I will get into it more after work.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R WoooooHoooo oh yeah baby! Do your thang & read on! hahaha....

Rhonda Oh I will Elena!!! Thanks to you! ;0)

✿❤~m49913~❤✿ Wow, so highly recommended...

Rhonda UUGGH!!! My kindle needs charging!!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Rhonda wrote: "UUGGH!!! My kindle needs charging!!"

Did Alex wear it out? ^_~ LOL

message 15: by Rhonda (last edited Nov 03, 2010 05:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda LOL Jayne, I wasn't prepared!!

Bookwatcher Great review Rhonda!
[image error]

message 17: by Rhonda (last edited Nov 03, 2010 06:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Bookwatcher wrote: "Great review Rhonda!
"

message 18: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Nov 03, 2010 07:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Awwww...Your Welcome! I'm just so happy that you loved it! hugs The next book isn't as good as this one,but it's still really good. Enjoy!

Loved your review!

BTW,I can't believe you finished it so fast.LOLZ! I went to bed and woke up,and "Poof"your done.hahahaha...

message 19: by Rhonda (last edited Nov 03, 2010 07:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Elena, I'm reconsidering reading the second one right now.

Well like I said, unable to resits turning the pages!! LOL!!!

XOXOXOX

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Rhonda wrote: "Elena, I'm reconsidering reading the second one right now.

Well like I said, unable to resits turning the pages!! LOL!!!

XOXOXOX"

It's okay.Take your time!!!! hahaha...The book ain't going no where. In the second book I loved the Epilogue! hahaha...it is so funny!

message 21: by Bookwatcher (last edited Nov 03, 2010 08:10AM) (new) - added it

Bookwatcher Rhonda wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Great review Rhonda!
"

Thank you!!! If you're ever in the mood for a good YA book, give it a shot. Definitely worth the read!!"

I must read it... Elena is bugging me that's a marvelous book... now I'll read it.. I believe in you Rhonda, Elena no :-P

(let's see if I will get a "bitch" for that, hahahahaha)

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Bookwatcher wrote: "Rhonda wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Great review Rhonda!
"

I must read it... Elena is bugg..."

Bookwatcher Elena R wrote: "OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! Yup! You Master Bitch! How dare you take Rhonda's word & not mine!!! hahahahahahaha......Alright! It's on!!!"

he he he...

luv ya!
[image error]

Rhonda LMAO!!!! YA'LL CRACK ME UP!!!!!

Bookwatcher Rhonda wrote: "LMAO!!!! YA'LL CRACK ME UP!!!!!"

:-P

message 26: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh this has caught my eye many times when i'm in B&N. glad to see you thought it was great...just added it to my TBR list. :)

message 27: by Rhonda (last edited Nov 03, 2010 09:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Leigh wrote: "this has caught my eye many times when i'm in B&N. glad to see you thought it was great...just added it to my TBR list

Leigh, the story is predictable, but well written and worth it!!!
I passed it by many times too!

message 28: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh cool!! thanks, Rhonda. :)

message 29: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Nov 04, 2010 03:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Rhonda! As I've told you before, I LOVED this!

"And Alex Fuentes….*sigh*… They didn’t make them like that when I was in High School!!! ( Just Sayin’)"

I hear ya, I HEAR ya! ^_^ Alex is just...*siigghss*

message 30: by Rhonda (last edited Nov 04, 2010 03:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Thanks Jayne,
I haven't loved a male character in a YA BOOK since Edward!!! Lol

Wait, I take that back, Dimitri in VA!

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness I have read all of Simone Elkele's series. These were the first YA novels I read that were not paranormal and could keep my attention. I thought she did the books wonderfully and I cannot wait for No# 3 in the series Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemisty, #3) by Simone Elkeles
Have you read her other series? Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkelesand Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2) by Simone Elkeles Awesome as well.

Rhonda Sam, this was my first by this author. I decided to break the two books up, so maybe I would enjoy it just as much. Besides Forbidden has been calling me for a while, and I'm feeling brave enough to pick it up now.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Brave, yes. I'm still to timid for that one.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Great review Rhonda & we all knew you would love it! now you have to read the sequel!

message 35: by Kaydee (new)

Kaydee I think im gonna give this book a try.. I haven't read a good YA book since Beautiful Disaster and it looks like this book has been enjoyed:)...

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Kaydee wrote: "I think im gonna give this book a try.. I haven't read a good YA book since Beautiful Disaster and it looks like this book has been enjoyed:)..."

Funny beautiful Disaster didnt work for me, but I loved Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarryI liked this one even better than Perfect Chemistry.

message 37: by Kaydee (new)

Kaydee Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Kaydee wrote: "I think im gonna give this book a try.. I haven't read a good YA book since Beautiful Disaster and it looks like this book has been enjoyed:)..."

Funny beautiful Disaster didnt work..."

Thanks!!!!! I will check it out:)...

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Kaydee wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Kaydee wrote: "I think im gonna give this book a try.. I haven't read a good YA book since Beautiful Disaster and it looks like this book has been enjoyed:)..."

..."