Jennifer's Reviews > Consumed by You

Consumed by You by Lauren Blakely

* A review copy was provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Smokin' Hot Stars ~

What I absolutely love about Lauren Blakely's books is that she knows how to create a story that is the perfect combination of heart, humor and melt your kindle steam ;)

I have read MANY books by Lauren and I have never been disappointed. Her books have always captivated me, made me swoon, made me blush and yes I have even gotten angry at her characters, but that is what truly makes a 5 star book in my opinion.

Consumed by You was no different. This story was sweet, heartfelt, fun, and sexy all rolled into one. She has created characters that you can't help but suck them into your heart and feel like you are a part of their lives. I thought the pace and flow of the story was spot on. This book isn't extremely long, but it never felt rushed or that it was missing something. Consumed by You is the third book in Lauren's Firefighter series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I personally haven't read either of the first two books and it didn't take away anything from this story. You do have reoccurring characters from the previous books, so it kind of ruins the endings of those books, but after reading this one, I want to go back and read the first two to see how each of those couples stories played out.

In this book we follow the story of Cara and Travis. This book is pretty much a second chance romance because Cara and Travis have a past history together. Cara and Travis dated back in high school but separated when they left for college. Travis has a HUGE phobia of relationships because of what happened to his mom after his dad is tragically killed when he was 10. He felt that if he avoided connections to other people (women) then his heart is safe. Cara on the other hand wants what every girl wants. The marriage, kids and a loving home to come home to. Just like her sisters. But Cara and Travis can't forget what the two of them have in the chemistry department. So they come up with a plan….a 2 week fling!!! That will solve all their problems…Right??? Well you are going to have to read the book to see how everything works out for this couple.

If you have read the first two books in this series then you are going to enjoy seeing the previous couples in this book. You get to see where they have gone since their books. Being that I hadn't read them it was still nice having them in the story because it showed the close bond these friends all have. It really made you want to be a part of this circle of friends.

I would 100% recommend this book. I have LOVED every Lauren Blakely book and I don't think you'll be sorry if you pick up this or any other of her books. They are downright sinful….in the best way ;)

Follow Us at :: Book Bitches Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consumed by You.

May 13, 2015 – Shelved