MontiLee Stormer's Reviews > I am Not a Serial Killer

I am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells

Oct 25, 2010

bookshelves: audio
Read from October 13 to 25, 2010

The narrator was hard to get into at first but the story was just so good, you got past it quick.

A very fast read with lots of tension and gasp out loud moments. I love being surprised and despite the rocky, initially uneven narration, it got better and the story totally swept me away. It's funny and touching (not weepy touching, because that's ridiculous) and has it's scary moments that are surprising as they are terrifying.

A young sociopath tries to blend and not be was he feels destiny has rolled out for him, until the real thing starts picking off victims right in his own home town. Should he risk losing himself in his baser need to hunt and kill, or has he found a kindred spirit?

It's been compared to Dexter, and where Dexter is older and more comfortable with who and what he is, John is just a kid and unsure of everything around him. It makes for an interesting dynamic with young love (do sociopaths love or just stalk and obsess?), high school, and later college.

Looking forward to reading more from Dan Wells.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I am Not a Serial Killer.