Kristy's Reviews > How Not to Be Popular

How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler

liked it
bookshelves: i-think-you-should-read-this

“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you”
Christian Morganstern

Meet Sugar Magnolia (seriously that is her name, I'm a little bit jealous... how cool is it to be named after a Greatful dead song?!?!?!). Uprooted from every home she has ever known, Sugar(Maggie) is forced to move around with her hippie, free-spirited parents. After her longest stint somewhere of 6 months, she has acquired friends and a boyfriend only to find out they are moving again. She decided she is going to make herself a social outcast and not make any friends so she doesn't have to deal with the hurt of leaving them behind. Only our little flower child has a way of making waves even when she's not trying to. She meets people and pushes them away. She finds herself in a time of actually having real permanent problems- Is she going to be stuck in the one place she has tried so desperately not to fit in?!?!?

"She's got everything delightful, she's got everything I need,
A breeze in the pines in the summer night moonlight, crazy in the sunlight yes indeed."
-Sugar Magnolia-

While listening to Greatful Dead would have probably been a better option, this book did have it's fair share of heart-warming and fun moments. This one somewhat reminds me of "The King of the Screwups", only from a girl version not a guy.

Also, Penny has to be one of the best book friend character's ever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Not to Be Popular.

October 25, 2010 – Shelved
December 21, 2010 – Started Reading
December 22, 2010 – Finished Reading
March 8, 2011 – Shelved as: i-think-you-should-read-this

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Spider the Doof Warrior heheheh. "Teeny-bopper" lol!

Greta is Erikasbuddy omg!! I hung out with Dead Heads when I was growing up! I soo want to reads!!