[Aengell]'s Reviews > The Art of Sinning

The Art of Sinning by Sabrina Jeffries

bookshelves: historical-romance, arcs

4 can't wait for the rest of the series stars

What a wonderful start for a promising new series!

I loved many aspects about this read, but most of all the main characters were great to read about.
Jeremy, the hero, is an American artist in London, trying to find a new muse for a new piece. He is immediately drawn to Yvette, a nearly-on-the-shelf debutante and is determined to make her portrait.
Yvette agrees, but in exchange for her being his inspiration, Jeremy has to help her explore the dirty and gritty sides of London.

It's pretty clear that the term boring doesn't apply to the plot, and it is indeed fast-paced and has an interesting mystery going. But Jeremy and Yvette aren't boring, either, no. They have quite a chemistry going and at first try to hide it through their funny and refreshing banter. But they also feel very real and both have issues that a looked into while reading further.

I also liked Yvette's brother and Jeremy's sister quite a lot, and I'm really curious about who will be paired up next, seeing that there's no info about that yet.

Expect Sabrina Jeffries as we know and love her, with her well-known action-filled plots and witty and charming characters.

ARC via NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Sinning.

May 12, 2015 – Shelved
May 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 12, 2015 – Shelved as: historical-romance
May 12, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
May 14, 2015 – Started Reading
May 17, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Angel (new) - added it

Angel Can't wait to read this book! I'm a fan of her School for Heiress series

[Aengell] You will love this, I'm sure! It wasn't exactly amazing or mind-blowing, but a good old HR.

Grace Cieleen WOW!!!! Omg how come I did not know you read this! haha