Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > The Orphan Queen

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

May 11, 2015

bookshelves: fantasy-all, own

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

When I first started this book, I couldn't get into it, it was slow, or maybe it was just my reading slump. Who knows, at any rate after I got back into reading it I enjoyed it. After a bit it picks up and is a really good story.

Wilhemina (Wil) is the orphan queen of Aecor. Her parents were killed many years ago during the 'One Night War' Wil and a bunch of other kids were taken to an orphanage. The Aecor kingdom is now watched over by some jerk. Anyway, a guy named Patrick, who is the leader of the Osprey's, rescues all of the kids and they join his group. They are all trying to get Wil back to Aecor and make the kingdom prosper again. But, not all is as it seems in this group.....

Here's a real Osprey if you interested ↓ He/she says hello!

Soooo... those that do magic can't do it any more because it has been banned. The reason for that is that the magic creates wraith, it's called a toxic by-product. What it does it gets into people and animals and mutates them. They are evil and try to kill everything when that happens. They have glow men, gargantuan cats, insects.. you get the picture. They can transform into whatever in some cases.

There is a guy that runs around in a mask killing the wraiths and taking anyone that uses magic to the police. People call him Black Knife.

Black Knife is trying to figure out Wil and her band of merry men and women to see if they are thieves or use magic... etc..

Wil has magic by the way and uses it every now and again.

Wil and her best friend Melanie, that is in the Osprey group too, plant themselves in the Palace acting like other noble women from another kingdom. This happens to be where the king that killed Wil's parents lives. Isn't life grand. But not all is as it seems of course. Oh and his son is there as well and she doesn't like him either.

Anyhoo.... Patrick is the leader of the Osprey's and he turns into a big ole jerk, trust me.

Wil starts going out on missions with Black Knife, yeah, they become friends and then fall in love.. isn't that sweet and they kill wraiths together and save people on the streets. Well all of that sweetness goes away when we find out who Black Knife really is.. that's always the case.. well mostly anyway.

The ending of the book was like.. um.. cliffhanger like that... really? Of course now I'm going to have to read the next book as I have a fondness for Will and Black Knife now. I like people that have bad arseness in them :)

I'm glad I pushed on through the book because it did turn out really good for me. I try to do that because a lot of times that is the case.

Fin

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Orphan Queen.

May 11, 2015 – Shelved
page 14
page 21
page 32
page 32
8.18% "I'm not sure about this book yet :-/"
December 14, 2015 –
page 39
9.97% "I think I'm going to read on a couple that I'm reading right now. This one isn't grabbing me just yet."
December 20, 2015 – Finished Reading

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Does anyone know where the preview button went to see your post before you post it? I hate this new stuff :-(

message 2: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Nice review, Mel :)

The preview button is below the comment box, to the left of the post button. It took me a minute to see it too :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon ❤. Where are my hearts? I miss your hearts!

I see it on here but I didn't see it last night when I was trying to preview my other book I reviewed