Mark Fine's Reviews > Outsourced

Outsourced by Eric J. Gates

A friend persuaded me to read ‘Outsourced’, and I'm so glad he did. It was thrilling, topical, unpredictable and after the dramatic climax; an immensely satisfying read. Eric Gates succeeded in taking me to that rare place--the suspension of my disbelief--by making the effort to substantiate his rationale for the deadly artifact at the center of the plot. Without slowing the page-turning high-tempo pace of his thriller, Gates provides a mind-bending primer on quantum mechanics! From that moment I was hooked.

The villain was venal, the authorities were untrustworthy, the leading lady was enigmatic and independent, and the two authors (apparently bitter rivals!) grew in stature and guile as the plot deepened. Gates also succeeded in getting in a few licks against interrogations without due process, unfettered intrusion by the security apparatus in our lives, and a dig or two at the suspect ethics of the traditional print publishing industry. These real world observations grounded 'Outsourced' further, feeding this reader's sense of reality despite what was in fact a deadly pursuit for a mystical device! In short, author Eric Gates provides a thrilling literary twist to the belief that the pen is mightier than the sword....literarily!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outsourced.

Started Reading