Kathy * Bookworm Nation's Reviews > Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart by Julie Wright

Oct 24, 2010

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, 2010, standalone, secular-romance, authors-to-watch, romance-green, for-deb, lds-author, would-make-a-cute-movie
Read on October 25, 2010

I really liked this story, it had me hooked from the beginning and I had a hard time putting it down. It reminded me of a cute romantic comedy movie, in fact I think it would make a cute movie! Jillian is a good leading lady, at first she came across a little harsh, but as the story progresses she really grew on me. I also liked her love interests and knew who I wanted her to end up with right from the start. The story was original and the whole thing was really enjoyable.

My only complaint is that I felt it got wrapped up a little too quickly. I would have liked a little more resolution with Guy 1, it seemed that Jillian got the closure she wanted, but he was still left hanging. Actually, she had kind of poor communication skills when it came to him. I also wish there had been a little more closure with Guy 2, I’m glad how things worked out, but would have liked a little more conversation between them before it all get wrapped up. Those are both minor issues though, I really enjoyed the story as a whole and would totally recommend it to anyone who loves chick lit.

Bookworm Rating: 4.5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross My Heart.

10/25/2010 "Really cute so far!"