Gilgamesha's Reviews > The Hellion and The Heartbreaker

The Hellion and The Heartbreaker by Jennifer McNare

42059856

liked it

This was a book I was forced to like....I wanted to hate Scarlett...she was impulsive and spoiled...but she was also very kind and humble and down to earth....and boy did she love unconditionally.....I had a bit more success not liking Alec....he was selfish and arrogant...and a player. I just couldn't believe no matter how hard it was for him to refuse Scarlett that he would do that to his best friend....but nonetheless my stupid conscious made me realize that Alec's fear and insecurities came from his mom's nonstop advice about how love brought nothing but misery....I still wanted Alec to do alot of groveling but it made sense that he didn't....to me Scarlett is an amazing embodiment of what a women should be like.....unselfish...putting her love of family and Alec above everything for her.....but in the book she got her happy ending....in real life people like that end up miserable and used. I have learned through others experiences that if a woman wants something she has to fight for it....no amount of sacrifice and love and devotion will bring that....people will just take advantage of your sincere nature and in the end you end up with nothing but your goodness...I admired Scarlett for her courage and selflessness...I could never be her though :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hellion and The Heartbreaker.

May 11, 2015 – Started Reading