Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Ice Twins

The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne

May 10, 2015

bookshelves: read-2015

This is a truly intense psychological thriller; I was enthralled with the story from the beginning to the end and giving this book five stars was a very easy decision.

Angus and Sarah are trying really hard to pull their lives together and then having Kirstie claim that she is Lydia, that the daughter they thought had died was alive and vice-versa that is really making their life a hell in their new home and putting their already fragile marriage to the test.

What really happened the day their daughter died? They can't tell their daughter apart and the twins were wearing the same kind of clothing on the day one of them died.

This is a real page turner, never a dull moment and the ending of the book, well I was afraid that S.K. Tremayne wouldn't be able to write a satisfying ending, but he did. This is without one of the best thrillers I have ever read and I recommended it strongly to anyone that likes psychological thrillers.

On a side note: S.K. Tremayne was a woman, but it's Tom Knox, and he usually writes archaeological and religious thrillers. So, while I wait for S.K. Tremayne to publish a new book can I read Tom Knox's books and I love archaeological thrillers so it's a win-win.

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ice Twins.

May 10, 2015 – Started Reading
May 10, 2015 – Shelved
May 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
May 10, 2015 –
21.0% "Very good so far!"
May 10, 2015 –
26.0% "And then there’s the toilet, by the bathroom, which actually has a cardboard sign on the cistern, written in Angus’s grandmother’s elderly hand: Please leave the stone on the seat, it is to keep out the mink. I write: Fix Toilet on my To Do list. Then I write Kill Mink."
May 11, 2015 –
65.0% "The story in this book is seriously intriguing. So now I know what Angus big secret is, but is it all true what happened, what his daughter told him?\n \n "
May 11, 2015 –
86.0% "This is the last update before I finish the book and I just want to say: OMG!"
May 11, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
May 11, 2015 – Finished Reading

Aj the Ravenous Reader Sounds like a must read! Very enticing review, Magdalena.

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books) Great review! This is definitely a page turner. Thanks for the information about the author.

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Sounds like a must read! Very enticing review, Magdalena."

Thank you Aj! This is one of the best books I have read this year! :D

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Carole's Random Life wrote: "Great review! This is definitely a page turner. Thanks for the information about the author."

Thank you Carole! Oh yes, I could hardly stop reading the book! :D

You're welcome. It was interesting to learn that it was a pseudonym.

message 5: by Emily (last edited Nov 06, 2016 06:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily Oooh, this sounds good -- added to my WTR list! And my library actually has it. :)

message 6: by Char (new) - added it

Char Me too! Awesome review, Mags!

message 7: by Nitzan (new)

Nitzan Sounds awesome. Adding t to my "to read" list.

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* This is a really great book! The Fire Child by the same author is equally brilliant too.