Debbie "DJ"'s Reviews > Seriously... I'm Kidding

Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres

12620745

it was ok

Although I really like Ellen, I thought this book was pretty lame. Old material from past comedy shows, and random thoughts. I was hoping for just a little information on Ellen herself...no. Yes, it got a few laughs out of me, but seriously? Oh, she's kidding.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seriously... I'm Kidding.

Quotes Debbie "DJ" Liked

Ellen DeGeneres
“Accept who you are. Unless you're a serial killer.”
Ellen DeGeneres, Seriously... I'm Kidding

Finished Reading
May 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 10, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Debbie Just half listened to this. I feel bad because I like her as a show host but these books are not good at all.

Debbie "DJ" I do to, but definitely avoiding her books. Hopefully this is the only one :(

Debbie Um.. no there was one after this... just as bad. Maybe worse. I reviewed it.

Debbie "DJ" Oh no! I really like Ellen, but haven't watched her show in quite awhile. Will check out your review.

message 5: by Preeti (new) - added it

Preeti It looks like all her books kind of... suck. I read "My Point... And I Do Have One" a couple years ago and I basically had the same thoughts as you. In that book, at times she literally said "blah blah blah" and all while complaining throughout the book that she had a word minimum to meet. It was bad.

Kristy K I have to agree with you, unfortunately! As much as I love Ellen, I was pretty disappointed with this book. I suppose I was expecting something a bit more substantial and this book was anything but. There were a few nice chapters that resonated with me, but a lot of the material was so random and felt like it was there to simply fill up the pages. I did chuckle a few times at some of her lines, but overall this book was a let down for me. I wanted to read more about her life and her own experiences and some of the hardships she has been through. Damn, this could have been so much better.