Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ 's Reviews > Origins

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from November 23 to 26, 2010

3.5 stars.

This book is definitely Stefan's diary but it is very much a prequel to the events of Vampire Diaries. It actually begins before Katherine even shows up. The first half (?) was pretty boring and drawn out but it got much better when Stefan got more involved with Katherine and found out about vampires. It ends right after he becomes a vampire. From what I have seen, there will be at least two more books.

I would recommend this to someone who enjoys the TV show. It is co written by the writers of the show so it has that same feel. There is sex in the book and although it is not detailed, it may not be for some teens.

I do have to say that I enjoyed reading about Stefan's and Damon's relationship. I learned a lot about them and why there is so much animosity later in the stories. It was also refreshing to read a bit about Stefan being a bad boy and Damon NOT!

ETA: I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Origins.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ OMGosh...i won this book! Thank u Goodreads :D

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela WOW... thats pretty freakin cool! *luv the tv show*

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ tks...yea the show is pretty good...the books...well, they are diff...LOL

message 4: by ~V~ (new)

~V~ Yay for winning books!!! :) LOL!!

message 5: by Leigh (last edited Nov 23, 2010 04:54PM) (new)

Leigh very cool that you won this, S!! i don't think i had even heard of this one! lol!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ its very "Midnight Son" ish....theres a second one coming out or already out too.

message 7: by Leigh (new)

Leigh aaahhhhh...you'll have to let me know how it is. i have the book that came out back in Feb., but i haven't had ANY inclination to read it. lol!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Leigh...u talking about Return of Shadow Souls? yea i have that and havent read it either!! I feel alittle obligated to read this one though...so far not bad!

message 9: by Leigh (new)

Leigh yep - that's it. okay, good to know if i decide to ever turn back to this series. lol!

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey ♠ Sharon ♠ wrote: "tks...yea the show is pretty good...the books...well, they are diff...LOL"

Love the books, hate the show. ;)

Congrats on winning the book!! Free books are alwasy good!! :)

message 11: by Leigh (new)

Leigh i liked the books up 'til the Return stuff. she started writing very differently, very prose-esque...didn't like it much, so i've had a hard time talking myself into continuing with it.

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I didn't notice the writing style change.

Haven't read Shadow Souls yet, the show soured the book series for me. And I think I'm the only one on the planet who can't stand the guys who play Damon and Stefan on the show. LOL!!

I'll pick it up again at some point. :)

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Cool! Didn't realize this diary started pre-Katharine!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ yep...not by much but it does. Verra interesting to see Stefan's growth.

message 15: by Leigh (new)

Leigh wow - there's sex in the book??? interesting...

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ yep more than u would expect but of course not detailed at all but still for a YA book, i was surprised!

message 17: by Leigh (new)

Leigh well, and especially since she created vamp lore to not involve sex, so it's interesting that she went there at all.