Kristine's Reviews > Sex, Lies, and Cruising

Sex, Lies, and Cruising by Cathryn Chapman

7221910
May 10, 2015

A fun and light-hearted read rated at FOUR STARS by The Schwartz Reviews.
I was acting like a pathetic schoolgirl, and failing miserably at projecting a cool image. But in my defence, I’d been living with a soulless twat for four years and had become completely starved of attention.

Schwartz Synopsis
This story follows our lovely Ellie on her life journey after a split from her fiancé. She jumps ship, and jumps onto another ship, literally! She gets her dream job for her photography career on a cruise ship and finds herself incredibly lucky to live a life full of adventure. However, when things get sailing at a break neck pace Ellie begins to question her choice of working on a cruise ship. Is she really the luckiest girl in the world? Or has she made a horrible mistake?

Great. I had unleashed a scorned, potentially violent woman. And it was only my second day.

Schwartz Thoughts
First things first. I absolutely love the cover of this book. So bright and colourful and fits this book perfectly. The story inside is a fast paced story of love, love lost, rumours, and so much more colourful and creative things that I’m sure are found on a cruise ship. Not that I have ever worked on a ship, or even been a passenger on a ship. Nevertheless, I would like to think that it is this much fun on said ship!
This book grew my interest more with each passing chapter. At the end of chapter one, slightly intrigued. Chapter two, interested. Chapter three, held captive to the story I was reading. This is one interesting page-turner. However, and I believe it is said at some point within the novel, I felt as though I was reading my high school days! Which, I would have liked to leave in the past but was interesting to read someone else’s high school days.
The writing style of this book was fabulous. I did not find any errors or anything wrong with the style of writing for that matter. Which allowed me to fully enjoy the story. I did find some predictable moments, however, there were plenty of moments that shocked me and had me devouring the book even faster.
There were plenty of my emotions that rose to the surface thanks to this book. Moments that made me laugh…silently…in my head like… But the book was fun all the same.
Overall, the novel was well written and will be well recommended by The Schwartz Reviews!

At that moment, because my life really needed to get more complicated, Ruby appeared in the doorway, spotted us, and practically waltzed over.

Recommendation
This book is highly recommended for any readers looking for a fun loving, fast paced, story of…well…sex, lies, and cruising! The title really does say it all and it really is a fun read!
She had what was almost certainly a post-coital glow, and I was tempted to chuck the salt shaker at her pretty face.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex, Lies, and Cruising.

Started Reading