Quinn's Reviews > One Grave at a Time

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Oct 23, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: library-book, urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance, series
Read from November 13 to 16, 2011

Ho-hum for the most part. This was again a very episodic installment. Call me crazy, but in a series I’d like to see an overarching plotline – something that has been glaringly missing from this and the previous book.

One Grave at a Time did work up to a quite spectacular action sequence which nearly made me bump the book up by another star, but then we didn’t actually get to witness the coup de grâce of the whole plotline, with the culmination happening between the end of the last chapter and the start of the epilogue. Seriously?

Even more disappointingly, there was such a golden opportunity to create some memorable, sigh-worthy moments and see some of the old Cat and Bones. But…. Nothing. Back down goes the rating.

This was still a reasonably enjoyable and entertaining book but, sadly, I think the best of this series is long past.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Grave at a Time.

11/17/2011 page 358

message 1: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane After NH#5 and the "meh" feeling I got from it I haven't been in a rush to get this book. What I am looking forward to is Vlad's story!

Quinn Yeah, "meh" is a good word for this one, too. I'm with you on Vlad's story, though!

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine That's sad to hear. I wonder why this series still has no set story arc.

Quinn Dunno, Catherine. I kinda feel like the author's just milking those first couple of books, now. Time for her to move onto something new, I think.