Kaitlyn Saunders's Reviews > Misplaced

Misplaced by SL Hulen

bookshelves: giveaways

I received a free copy of this book in a first reads drawing, and it was such a great find!
Misplaced is the enchanting story of an Egyptian princess and an immigration lawyer, and it features time travel, magic, and an insight into multiple religions.
The author, SL Hulen, managed to completely entrance me with her vivid descriptions, characters with incredible depth, and a premise that is quite different from other time travel novels.
Yes, there are a few plot holes, but if you suspend disbelief just a bit and go with the flow, it's a story that will leave you wanting more.
The *only* reason that I'm not giving this 5 stars is the formatting and grammar issues. Sometimes it wasn't clear who was speaking and there were points in the book where there were sentences that just didn't make sense. Luckily, this issue didn't distract too much from the beauty of the story.
It is spectacular to me that this is only her first novel. Please, please keep writing! I will be among the first to buy your next novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misplaced.

May 9, 2015 – Shelved