Dianne's Reviews > The Definition of Icing

The Definition of Icing by Aven Ellis

bookshelves: adult-fiction, arc-read, author-review, contemporary-romance, fun-read, own, hockey

AVEN ELLIS WRITES...AND SHE SCORES! THE CROWDS GO WILD!

What could a beautiful entrepreneur of chocolate confections and a smoking hot and hard driving hockey player have in common? Maybe they both want to be taken seriously as more than well-packaged eye candy. Beneath Kenley’s blonde goddess exterior is a woman driven to succeed on her merits as a business woman. Nate has just been traded to the Dallas Demon hockey team, leaving behind painful memories, yet not looking forward to life in the great state of Texas. Neither of these two have the desire to be hurt again, so the opposite sex is off the menu, until one gallant move on Nate’s part has Kenley ready to re-define the decadence of sweet delight and Nate ready to hand off his heart for the best play of his life.

Aven Ellis knows the way to my reader’s heart, combining three of my favorite topics for a hat trick with sweet romance, chocolate and hockey! Scene one, page one and I am all in, thanks to her ability to create a world that beckons you to enter, to take a behind the scenes peek at the human side of life, love and the tentative moves of a budding romance. She tops it all off with delightful characters that become people to care for, laugh with, cry with and want to play cupid for. There is never a lull in the action, although a few bad penalty calls may have been made, but that’s the way of love! Ms. Ellis writes to entertain and she has a gift for making her stories breathe with a refreshing style that screams read me and swoon.

I received an ARC edition from Aven Ellis in exchange for my honest review.

Series: Dallas Demons - Book 2
Publication Date: May 27, 2015
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance
Available from: Amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Definition of Icing.

May 7, 2015 – Shelved