Debbie Hanson's Reviews > Ultimate Betrayal: Revelations

Ultimate Betrayal by Catrina Courtenay

I was recommended this book and as an Amazon freebie, I thought why not. I loved the story but I'm pissed by the ending, I hate cliffhanger endings and if you're not a fan either than you probably wait till book 2 is released - now I'm stuck in an Erik /Ronnie cage waiting to find out what happens next.

So now my grumble is done, the book and story - it is a combination romance, suspense and mystery served up with 2 incredibly hot main characters. Veronica Harper and Erik Sinclair have amazing chemistry that is evident from that 1st meeting. Erik will stop at nothing to get what he wants, and this hot Hollywood actor wants his new security advisor Veronica. Poor Veronica has a tough job ahead of her, she knows she can't blur professional lines of her job but Erik doesn't make it very easy on her, with little touches here and there.

Veronica has come from a brutal background, captured by a rapist as part of a previous job where Kincaid raped and tortured her until she broke out and left into the arms of her best friend where she now works. but her extensive training with the military and FBI has her focus on a whole new job, she just never imagined how quickly Erik could pull down her barriers.

So when her history comes to light thanks to her horrid nightmares, it is Erik that picks her up. But with an evil ex-girlfriend, a bitch co-star who happens to be friends with the ex-girlfriend, someone targeting Erik with death threats over a new movie role, a bodyguard with something to hide and her boss missing Veronica must stand up and deal with the fall out, and what a story it betrays.

Right to the there are no answers and I think I have more questions now than before... I can't wait for book 2....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultimate Betrayal.

May 7, 2015 – Shelved