Natalie ~ The Biblioholic's Reviews > Mercy

Mercy by Lucian Bane

bookshelves: dark, dual-pov, suspense

Holy crap!! That's my first thought after reading this book. If you do not have this book on your to-read shelf, ADD IT!! It is sooooooooo good!!

Mercy is such an amazing character. She's sweet, kind, sensitive, innocent (when she should be jaded), empathetic, generous, etc. The list of her good qualities is endless. I love the fact that although she didn't like the things that Sade did and why he did them, she wasn't willing to give up on him. Again... Amazing!! She's broken and recognizes that Sade's broken and works her ass off trying to heal them both.

Sade? Hot damn. This man in all his sadomasochistic glory is a beautiful, broken man and a perfect match for Mercy. I loved his internal struggle to overcome his conditioning for her and himself. I want him. Simple. And when I want the male MC, I know that not only is the narrative believable, but it's brilliant.

Fave quotes:“Fuck…” he closed his eyes a moment, “you’re like a sadomasochistic dessert. A pretty little cupcake I want to devour in one bite or maybe smell and lick all over before sinking so very slowly into you.”

“He looked down and then at her, suddenly overwhelmed with emotion. “Come here,” he whispered, holding his hand out to her. She climbed into his lap and he stroked her face and cradled her as she cuddled up against him. “And then you’re a sweet angel.”
She looked up at him with a smile. “I’m pretty talented.”
“You fucking are,” he whispered, kissing her nose.”

I'm glad I took a chance with reading the work of Lucian Bane. He is gifted. I cannot wait to read the next book in this saga.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercy.

May 6, 2015 – Shelved