A.C. Cuddy's Reviews > Kingdom Come: Why We Must Give Up Our Obsession with Fixing the Church--And What We Should Do Instead

Kingdom Come by Reggie McNeal

did not like it

“There’s a reason Jesus taught us to pray “Thy Kingdom come . . .” and not “Thy church come.” The church clearly plays an important role in God’s plans. It was established by Christ, and he is its Head. But have we put too much emphasis on the church? Have we confused a means of participating in God’s Kingdom with the Kingdom itself?

In Kingdom Come, church ministry consultant Reggie McNeal reveals why it’s crucial to realign the church’s mission with God’s ultimate Kingdom agenda. You’ll discover how you can get in on—and help lead—the Kingdom movement currently underway.”

I’m not sure what I expected when I picked up this book and started to read. From it’s description, “… to realign the church’s mission with God’s ultimate Kingdom agenda” clearly my interest was piqued. But that is where it ended. It’s hard for me to pinpoint exactly what it is that disappointed me, but I can say that this book did not keep my attention. I had a hard time wading through the double-speak and removing the author’s personal agenda/values from what I understand to be Kingdom agenda and Kingdom values. Sadly, I don’t think that I would be able to recommend this book.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Tyndale House Publisher, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

*Reviews of this book were posted at the following locations:
Amazon, Goodreads, and to be featured on my blog at http://titus3.wordpress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kingdom Come.

May 1, 2015 – Started Reading