Destiny's Reviews > Possessions

Possessions by Nancy Holder

Oct 21, 2010

Wow! Where do I begin?? This book is about a girl, Lindsay, sent to a boarding school following a nervous breakdown. Lindsay thinks she can start a new life here, only to discover eerie happenings, ghostly pranks, and rumors that the school is a centuries-old former insane asylum for wayward girls - and an operating theater with evidence lobotomies were performed. Now Lindsay is left to wonder if the events of the academy are real - girls are being possessed by the spirits of these long-dead wayward girls, or if she's losing her mind...again. I will admit, I DO NOT scare easily, but this book thoroughly creeped me out. I found myself turning on the hallway light if I had to get out of bed at night because I was just so on edge. This book is amazing. It's truly hard to find a SCARY book, but this one really is frightening. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the sequel! I will also definitely be looking into getting the rest of Nancy Holder's books. If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I would in a heartbeat!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possessions.

October 21, 2010 – Shelved