Nathan's Reviews > Psychology, 10th Edition

Psychology, 10th Edition by David G. Myers

May 05, 2015

bookshelves: non-fiction, illustrated, recommended-to-me, sorcery, nf-psychology

I mass crammed the last week reading this book, in preparation for the AP Exam. I did not take a Psychology class, but this book has nearly everything I needed to pass.
I took the exam only yesterday. My yestermorning began when I awoke from my recursive REM sleep cycle at 6 am and immediately went to work with my retinal rods and cones on the review section for the book. Whenever I felt as if I didn't understand one of the section review questions, I went back to the corresponding chapter and read it through thoroughly and then retried the testing effect on an informed subject who inhabits the same body as I. Finished committing the review section to my long-term memory at 11:15 am, and read through the glossary until the doors to AP testing site opened. Of course you may have observed that I ignored the part on page 12 where the book recommends to to Distribute your study time.
I have processed so much random trivia on the physical brain, sensory input, nature vs nurture, and approaches to psychological analysis in the last week. My friends don't like to hang out with me anymore because all I can do is talk about all of the insightful things lain out in the book. Highly recommended if you haven't started studying for an upcoming exam in 2 weeks that pertains to psychology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Psychology, 10th Edition.

April 26, 2015 – Started Reading