Monica Murphy's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Monica  Murphy

(Review from the author)

I'm lame and just gave my book 5 stars but I wanted to share some teaser graphics for your enjoyment. And if you want to share/use them, please feel free! Can't wait for you all to meet Shep & Jade!

You can read the first chapter from FAIR GAME here on Goodreads:

photo FairGameTeaser3_zpsvwpar8l5.jpg

photo FairGameTeaser6 1_zpsv2d4tski.jpg

photo FairGameTeaser4 2_zpsrpprvxk9.jpg

photo FairGameTeaser5 1_zpsj6vpgxac.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

Finished Reading
May 5, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

Tina Hobbs Payne Your comment made me laugh! :) Can't wait to read!

Monica Murphy Tina wrote: "Your comment made me laugh! :) Can't wait to read!"

LOL thanks Tina. I do have to say I felt lame giving my book five stars but damn it if I don't love it who will? ;)

Tina Hobbs Payne Hey - I completely agree!! :)

Jobby Siwa Just finished "5 days until you" last night and then, I found this!! Yes, yes, yes. Can't hardly wait for Shep to rock my world.

Monica Murphy Jobby wrote: "Just finished "5 days until you" last night and then, I found this!! Yes, yes, yes. Can't hardly wait for Shep to rock my world."

Aw thanks Jobby!!! :)

Sara It's not lame. I would totally give my own book 5 stars--if I had a book.

Sara It's not lame. I would totally give my own book 5 stars--if I had a book.

message 8: by BethyMac (new)

BethyMac be proud of what you wrote! I can't wait to read it.

Monica Murphy Sara wrote: "It's not lame. I would totally give my own book 5 stars--if I had a book. "

Thanks. :)

Monica Murphy BethyMac wrote: "be proud of what you wrote! I can't wait to read it."

:) Thanks so much!

Gelli Ramos Shep

Gelli Ramos Shep..

Monica Murphy Gelli wrote: "Shep.. "

His name is ridiculous. ;)

message 14: by Andriana (new)

Andriana Soteris out of curiosity - why do you always pick a dual pov writing style? I feel sucked in from the beginning until it switches pov and I feel it just gives the game away. There is no suspense build up or reading the lines over and over again to create a picture.

Monica Murphy Andriana wrote: "out of curiosity - why do you always pick a dual pov writing style? I feel sucked in from the beginning until it switches pov and I feel it just gives the game away. There is no suspense build up o..."

I understand where you're coming from Andriana, but I love being in the guy's head. I enjoy writing in the male POV and think it adds something to the story. I love reading a story from the female POV only too but I don't prefer writing them that way. And I try to give a different perspective/different scenes per POV shift.

All I can say is to each their own. :)

message 16: by Andriana (new)

Andriana Soteris Thank you for replying, I am sorry if I came across a little rude. I do love your books I just have a preference for a single POV and I like your writing style as there is a build up. I am sorry if my comment came across too negative, I was just curious. Thanks for the reply!

message 17: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Hobbs Payne I am reading Fair Game right now!! LOVING it!! Ughhh!!! You are just going to torture me waiting for the next one!! :)

Monica Murphy Andriana wrote: "Thank you for replying, I am sorry if I came across a little rude. I do love your books I just have a preference for a single POV and I like your writing style as there is a build up. I am sorry if..."

I didn't think you were negative! I'm glad you brought it up. I know a lot of writers keep a book in a singular POV and I do love reading them. I enjoyed the discussion so don't apologize. :)

Bella Hahahah this book is soooooo good JUST finished it!!

Monica Murphy Bella wrote: "Hahahah this book is soooooo good JUST finished it!! "

Thank you Bella! :)

Monica Murphy Tina wrote: "I am reading Fair Game right now!! LOVING it!! Ughhh!!! You are just going to torture me waiting for the next one!! :)"

Ah sorry Tina I don't mean to torture you!! :)

message 22: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Hobbs Payne I just finished today - and that's okay. It's a sweet torture! Love ya Monica!!!

Jessica Starting this book tonight after I get home from work! I cannot wait!!

message 24: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Hobbs Payne Jessica - it is do good! :) Monica - I still have the rest of the Fowler Sisters to read! :)

Jessica I'm glad. I've read so many books I though I ran out of ones to read! Thankfully I found this one! Can't wait to start!

message 26: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Hobbs Payne Oops - *so good! lol

Monica Murphy Jessica wrote: "I'm glad. I've read so many books I though I ran out of ones to read! Thankfully I found this one! Can't wait to start!"

Hope you enjoy!! :)

Ellen Castillo Definitely a 5!!!

Heroesinbooks I was in a book funk after reading The Friend Zone - nothing was matching up . And then I stumbled across this and the book funk took off running! I am 75% into Fair Game and have devoured every page and loved all of it. Have to sleep now , unfortunately! But will pick it straight up in the morning. I thought your teaser graphics were awesome. Can't wait to finish the book.

Monica Murphy Ellen wrote: "Definitely a 5!!!"

Aww thanks Ellen! :)

Monica Murphy Heroesinbooks wrote: "I was in a book funk after reading The Friend Zone - nothing was matching up . And then I stumbled across this and the book funk took off running! I am 75% into Fair Game and have devoured every pa..."

Thank you so much! I'm glad Shep & Jade pulled you out of your book funk (and I loved TFZ!). :)

message 32: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I haven't read this yet. It sounds awesome! I too would give my own book 5 stars if I had one :) and I also have to say I love dual pov's I like knowing what the lead man is thinking :) putting this on my TBR list now!

Monica Murphy Meredith wrote: "I haven't read this yet. It sounds awesome! I too would give my own book 5 stars if I had one :) and I also have to say I love dual pov's I like knowing what the lead man is thinking :) putting thi..."

Ah thank you! I hope you're able to read it - I had a lot of fun writing Shep & Jade's story. :)

message 34: by ScotlandRules (new)

ScotlandRules Your books are awesome and so are you, don't ever doubt it!

Monica Murphy ScotlandRules wrote: "Your books are awesome and so are you, don't ever doubt it!"

Awww, thank you so much! <3