Mel's Reviews > Heart of Darkness

Heart of Darkness by Gena Showalter

Oct 21, 2010

bookshelves: anthology, demons, paranormal-romance, mythology, angels, re-read, 2011
Read from October 21, 2010 to March 26, 2011

UPDATE:

Just finished re-reading this novella and I can't believe that I didn't mention a certain scene the first time I reviewed "The Darkest Angel". The Lords of the Underworld series is by far my favorite paranormal romance series and though there have been many, many lines and scenes that have been spectacular in one way or another (um hello smexy goodness between Gwen and Sabin in the woods), my favorite funny moment takes place in this novella. When Bianca takes control of Lysander's cloud, requests his robe changed into a loin cloth, places him in a tub of oil and summons Paris and makes them wrestle is bloody frakkin brilliant!!! I loved it the first time I read it and re-reading it made me like it even more. Gena Showalter rocks my world.

ORIGINAL:

I'm currently reading the Lords of the Underworld series and since I want to get to the next book, I only read Gena Showalter's novella "The Darkest Angel". It was really, really good. I absolutely love this series and it was fun to see things from the harpy, Bianca's POV as she is almost as much fun as Anya, the goddess of Anarchy. Though they've been mentioned, this is the first time angels have actually been introduced in the series. I thought Lysander was great and really enjoyed meeting Olivia who happens to be the heroine in the next book. That being said, I'm off to start reading Aeron and Olivia's story.

Once I read the other novella's in this anthology my rating will probably change. I can guarantee that the other stories will not compare to this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Darkness.