Samantha's Reviews > The Pitch

The Pitch by Belinda  Williams

I just have one pitch to make and it is to the future readers of this book. The Pitch is charming, witty, and refreshing. Belinda Williams takes the reader through a journey many modern women face today, finding love while building their careers. The writing is solid, the story is relatable, and the characters are just darling. Due to giving me many moments of laughter, giving me a male character I couldn't help but love, and a female character I could easily relate to, The Pitch gets a solid 5 star rating from me. Being a creative myself, I found it so easy to understand and relate to Madeline and I loved that. Sometimes it is hard to get so touched and into a story but I never had that issue while reading this.

Madeline and Paul are fabulous together and apart. Madeline is fifteen years Paul's junior but his equal in every way. She is driven, clever, creative, and passionate. She puts herself out there and gives Paul no option but to fall into their chemistry. Paul is mature, driven, passionate, and dominant. He has misgivings about getting involved with someone so much younger than him for several reasons. Madeline ensures to break down each of his barriers as they fall deeper into one another personally and professionally.

A memorable scene I just loved: "I was going to order some room service. What would you like?" he asked.
"You."
Paul's face broke into a broad grin. "You're a very single-minded woman."
"I thought you liked that about me?" I teased.
"I do." His eyes darkened. He reached over and pulled me to him.

I loved, loved, LOVED Paul. Romance novels are designed that way, to fall in love with the male lead. There wasn't much to not love about Paul. He was a man in his prime, sharp as a whip, full of humor, and a good man. He had his faults but he was never to proud to admit to his own mistakes or try to fix them. The age gap between he and Madeline bothered him quite a bit initially but I never gave it much thought because together they were dynamic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pitch.

Finished Reading