Maria's Reviews > The Curse of Lord Stanstead

The Curse of Lord Stanstead by Mia Marlowe

Mia Marlowe writes a fast-paced and sensual romance and, though I didn’t care for her recent Somerton Park series, she’s back on track with this one. The first in her new Order of the M.U.S.E. series, I read early chapters of this as a work-in-progress on the author’s blog and felt it had great promise then. I have also enjoyed her previous paranormal Regency era Touch of Seduction series (Touch of a Thief, Touch of a Rogue, etc) and this is similar to those quirky, sexy books.

This story is a nice combination of paranormal, historical and romance with some exciting extras. There’s espionage, a group of smart men and women fighting for the common good of God and country, and a heroine finding self confidence and true love.

Cassandra Darkin is the younger daughter of a newly minted baronet who made his fortune in trade. She is a vulnerable and insecure young woman who gave her virtue to Roderick, an undeserving sycophant who had no intention of marrying her. In her silent rage, she unknowingly sets fires in her home and all around London. At a ball in the first chapter, she sets yet another unexplained fire when she realizes that not only is Roderick going to marry another but that he has also bragged about her to his friends who now think she’s an easy mark.

For my full review on my historical romance and history blog: http://bit.ly/1lnSoGe

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curse of Lord Stanstead.

May 3, 2015 – Shelved
July 24, 2015 – Started Reading
July 25, 2015 –
67.0% "I'm enjoying this paranormal Regency very much. The teamwork and camaraderie (of sorts) reminds me a little of Tracey Devlyn's Nexus series."
July 25, 2015 – Finished Reading