Carla *Jen7waters*'s Reviews > Scoundrel

Scoundrel by Zoe Archer

Oct 20, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: steamy, 2010-read, paranormal-romance

The second book in the The Blades of the Rose series tells the story of Bennett Day and London Harcourt, as they go on another Blade adventure, this time with the sea, and the Greek Islands as scenario. The storyline in this is similar to the one in the first book – man and woman join forces to solve a puzzle, find and ancient magical object that some evil people are after, and fall in love in the process.

As expected, I enjoyed this book – it has all the elements that I found entertaining in book one, those things that kept me reading and wanting more, nevertheless, Bennett, as charming and handsome as he is, didn’t quite strike me as Gabriel, the hero from Warrior, did; and neither did London, compared with Thalia. Yes, they are good characters, and yes, they have good chemistry together, but somehow I found myself bored with them by the middle of the book, and getting more and more interested in the other couple, Kallas and Athena. And of course…the must in Scoundrel for me, were the bits about Catullus Graves, near the end! (My poor, sweet Catullus…all alone in the world…)

I’m not saying another word about the sex scenes in this series again because I’m pretty sure I said it all in my Warrior review, and I hate to nag. So yes, I’ll keep reading about the Blades in 2011 – I’m almost there, Catullus! :D

Review also at Cuidado com o Dálmata - Scoundrel

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scoundrel.

October 20, 2010 – Shelved