Sandra's Reviews > Living Nightmare

Living Nightmare by Shannon K. Butcher

Oct 19, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorite-series
Read from November 02 to 05, 2010

Still really like this series, Butcher definitely delivered. 'Running Scared' (#3) had been my least favorite of the series, but it's come back around into my favor. The Nika and Madoc plot was getting a little cyclical until about halfway through, but once it got going I really enjoyed reading about them and watching them grow and change. As usual, I have a love-hate relationship with the fact that the perspective bounces around so much (1.Madoc/Nika 2.Torr/Grace 3.Angus/Gilda 4.Joseph/Carmen 5.John/Meghan). This was following a few too many couples, but at the same time I enjoyed each of them (a few new introductions) so I can't really complain too much! Given Madoc's dirty mind and foul language, the sex scenes in this book were surprisingly more tame (and less interesting/frequent) than the first few books, but I suppose I can forgive that given that his soul was dying. Butcher continues to develop an original and intriguing world/race that is struggling to come back from the brink, and as always she intertwines the plots and characters seamlessly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Nightmare.

11/02/2010 page 1
0.0% "SO excited! Been waiting for Nika and Madoc's story since they were introduced in book 2."