Rachel (APCB Reviews)'s Reviews > The Royal We

The Royal We by Heather Cocks

bookshelves: 2015-standout, exceeded-expectations, fast-read, most-obsessed-favorites, lol

Initial Thoughts: This book was epically amazing. I fell in love with this book and the characters instantly. The banter and the writing are both hilarious and heartfelt. The raw emotions and the themes and the setting are equally beguiling. I NEED you to read this book. It will make you (and me) so happy, and it's honestly so addictive. BEST cutesy romance novel I've read in a long time.

Read the full review @ A Perfection Called Books

There are few books that truly have the power to encompass my every-waking thoughts. The Royal We left me in such a state of bliss and mind-reeling happiness that I couldn't come down from for awhile. This book has ruined me in the best possible way. The Royal We is the cutesy contemporary standard now, and I feel bad for my next read...

I can tell instantly by reading a synopsis when I've found a Rachel book. This isn't merely a Rachel book, this is THE Rachel book. Complex and lively characters? YES. Beautiful and flawed romance? *swoons & sighs* Humor? *laughs out loud* Royalty? *curtsies* Emotional writing? *sniffles* Addictive plot? *eyes stay glued to the pages*

The writing is brilliantly done. It's written as the protagonist looks back on the events that lead her to where she is now. I love the ominous hints that the protagonist leaves, it keeps us thinking and wondering and anxious to continue reading. How could things ever go wrong for this seemingly fairytale-like story?! This book really packs a punch. The Royal We brings a wide scope of emotions to the table. My anxiety levels were through the roof, I cried, I laughed, I grinned.

The characters in this book are absolutely charming and endearing. There are many characters in this book, and I love how each character brings something unique and important to the story. A sparkling cast with lots of fun and genuine moments, you can't help but love them all. Our power couple is simply stunning; you can't help but root for them throughout all the problems thrown in their way. The swoony Nick is -well- swoony. He's confidant and compassionate, yet he has a gentle and vulnerable side. Rebecca, informally known as Bex, is loads of fun and a great protagonist to follow the story through.

I've always loved stories about royalty, and this book provides a hilarious account of someone on the Inside sharing the trade secrets. This book has pop culture references and is stamped all over with fun moments, sad moments, and just stories of life. We see all of these characters grow from the youthful and light-hearted college students to the sophisticated members of society throughout the years. This isn't just a story about love, it's a story about life and friendship.

The romance in this book is the flawed perfection that I hope to find in life. I love the inside jokes, the small things, the sweet moments, the difficult times. I love how this couple alters and changes throughout their lives. This story takes place over a long period of time, and it's fascinating to see how their relationship changed and evolved throughout. The sweet and sincere romance drove the plot to new heights. It was so realistic and amazing. Bex and Nick are definitely a top couple for me!

If you're in the mood for a cute and romantic novel that will steal away your heart and entire day, this is the book for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Royal We.

May 2, 2015 – Shelved
May 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 3, 2015 – Started Reading
May 3, 2015 –
page 228
50.22% "This book is seriously fantastic and addictive. My heart is breaking at the moment though ;("
May 3, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-standout
May 3, 2015 – Shelved as: fast-read
May 3, 2015 – Shelved as: exceeded-expectations
May 3, 2015 – Shelved as: most-obsessed-favorites
May 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
August 13, 2015 – Shelved as: lol

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by C (new) - added it