Vanessa's Reviews > Angel Time

Angel Time by Anne Rice

Oct 19, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: book-club

First off, I'm not an Anne Rice fan. I am reading this book because of my book club. I can't believe how repetitive she is. Her first chapter was about twenty pages stating that the main character was a hit man. I could have summed it up much quicker.

Plus the whole lute player angle, I just envision a LARPer as an assassin and laugh. I mean I just literally thought of someone dressed up as a renaissance festival nerd just did not seem plausible in my head.

Only at around page 100 did it start moving faster, it's a shame that that is almost halfway through the book.

This is not my kind of literature but once I got into it it wasn't that hard to read. Definitely took me way too long and I wasn't motivated to read it. A 265 page book can be read in a matter of hours by me, whereas I have had this book for nearly two weeks and am only just over halfway through it.

----update, i finally finished it and it wasn't AS bad as the first third of the book. very interesting plot although i am still not fond of her repetitiveness. Can't say I would read the series of this though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Time.

October 19, 2010 – Shelved
October 19, 2010 – Shelved as: book-club
November 2, 2010 – Started Reading
November 2, 2010 –
page 162
November 2, 2010 – Finished Reading

Siobhan Oh my, your LARPer lute player comment. I cannot stop envisioning it now. Thank you! :')