Angel Gelique's Reviews > Rebel Seed

Rebel Seed by Eugenie Laverne Mitchell

bookshelves: inspirational, uplifting, drugs-and-destruction, hope-and-faith, drama

Such an uplifting story!

Rebel Seed tells the story of Marcus Allen, the "wash belly" baby (a Jamaican term meaning the last child born) of a good, respectable family. As the youngest, he is spoiled and always gets his way. But the lenience and coddling he receives during childhood work to his detriment as he grows into an out-of-control, selfish, manipulative man.

Marcus enters the seedy world of drugs, gangsters and crime, turning his back on those who love him. His life descends further into despair and hopelessness as his self-destructive behaviors compel him to lie, cheat, steal and maim.

He becomes a drowning man, struggling to stay afloat of his perilous lifestyle.

Drowning man saved photo: Drowning 13620B_09C6EB6340FFC_000.gif

Told through Marcus' point of view, readers are taken on a journey into the madness and get a glimpse of a lifestyle fraught with addiction, substance abuse, violence, immorality and deceit. Ms. Mitchell's masterful story-telling will keep you on the edge of your seat, wanting to know what will happen to Marcus and those he so callously hurts in the process of satisfying his selfish needs. Each character is unique and so well-developed, you'll feel as though you personally know them. You'll care for them and worry about them. Even Marcus, with his many faults* and flaws, will earn your compassion.

This is a poignant story of one man's struggle to find and redeem himself. It is a heartwarming and inspirational tale of triumph in the face of adversity. I look forward to the next motivational book by this extremely talented author.

* He does plenty of truly terrible, horrific things

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Seed.

May 1, 2015 – Shelved
October 12, 2015 – Shelved as: uplifting
October 12, 2015 – Shelved as: drugs-and-destruction
October 12, 2015 – Shelved as: hope-and-faith
October 12, 2015 – Shelved as: drama

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Eddie (new)

Eddie you ha me scared... I got worried you went 'normal' when you mentioned the word uplifting.. I read the full book bio, and am quite relieved now :) :)
I thought you went soft and normal on me Angel.......

Angel Gelique Normal? Me? Not possible! :-) Though it's not a horror novel, it does deal with plenty of horrific matters.