Andrea Heltsley's Reviews > The List

The List by Kate L. Mary

bookshelves: arc-reviews, 2015-read

When I read the description of this book, I couldn't wait to read it. The story looked like a fun read. I thought, a new adult romantic comedy, YES!!! That is my favorite kind of new adult book. So many on the market now, have really sad stories attached to them. They focus on heavy social issues/ family issues, making them somewhat depressing.

The unfortunate element to this book, was the focus on heavy family issues. There is so much trauma in these characters lives. I didn't expect it and boy, did I cry, like book cry really hard. I didn't sign up for a Molly McAdams' tearjerker.

That being said, I did like the concept. It was a fun way to assimilate the main character into society and open her up to what life as a teenager was really like. She was very sheltered, so I did feel bad about her situation.

I loved Cami's personality, but she was a little too wild to make a good role model for Annie. Even though Annie was exploring herself and held onto some sort of moral compass, I didn't like some of the things Cami exposed her to.

Love triangles are my absolute favorite kind of romances! The only downside to this particular one, was that there was a clear choice throughout most of the book. I never for once thought it would end any differently.

Overall, even with the downsides to this book, it was a good read. I enjoyed being a part of Annie's journey. If you made a list of twenty things to accomplish in a year as a freshman in college, what would you choose?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The List.

May 1, 2015 – Started Reading