Angela's Reviews > Early to Death, Early to Rise

Early to Death, Early to Rise by Kim Harrison

Oct 18, 2010

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, ya, library-book
Read on October 18, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Early to Death, Early to Rise.

message 1: by AH (new) - added it

AH Have you read her other books - The Hollows series? Dead Witch Walking is the first book. They are fun to read and definitely not YA.

message 2: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I have not, but I think I have them marked down to read. I remembered you told me you liked that series. I like the author's writing, I just wasn't all that into the main character.

message 3: by AH (new) - added it

AH I read the other Madison Avery book and it was tough slogging through it. There was a short story in one of those ____from Hell books (can't remember which one) that would make Madison Avery make more sense.

message 4: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Prom Nights From Hell was the book with her short story. I liked that short story. I wasn't thrilled with the first book, but liked the author so I thought I'd give the sequel a try. It's pretty much just more of the same, but for some reason Madison was even more annoying. Maybe it's me? I don't know. *shrugs* On to the next book! lol

message 5: by AH (new) - added it

AH No, Madison was annoying. Time to cut your losses. She writes a better grown up story about a witch who lives with a vampire and a pixie.

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm making my way through a stack of 60 plus books. I shall pick up her other book series, once I have demolished said to read pile. =) Thank you for the rec. I can always count on you for good book advice. *hugs*

Greta is Erikasbuddy Hate it when books go like that

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy the cover is pretty atleast!!

message 9: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela @ Greta - Yeah, it sucks.

@ Kristy - It is extremely pretty. The colors are awesome.