WTMO Words Turn Me On's Reviews > Giovanni

Giovanni by Bethany-Kris

Apr 30, 2015

“See, we’re Marcellos, Kim. We are not dirty, we are downright filthy.”

Giovanni is the youngest Marcello boy. He too is a Mafia prince, becoming a mad man at just seventeen. The rules of La Cosa Nostra are the only rules in life he will follow and that fact has always brought a sense of relief to his father. At twenty six, Gio is an incredible Capo, but his family is worried. Gio enjoys getting high, in fact he prefers it. His father is at his wits end and wants to get him clean, threatening to send him to a rehab facility in Mexico where he will stay AS LONG AS IT TAKES to get clean. But he has a job to do first, maybe Gio can clean himself up without help. Gio is going to Los Vegas to scope out a business opportunity for the family, little does papa know, Gio is about to break the only rules he values.

OHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOD, Gio can get filthy with me anytime!!! From the first book I knew Gio’s drug tendencies were an issue for the family so I expected this book to revolve around that, and, in a way it does. However it has an entirely different life of its own, and I loved it. I literally could not put this book down. I stayed up until 3AM two nights in a row to finish it. (I think I read it in less than 24 hours). Bethan-Kris is incredible with her characters. I feel like I know this family and their joys are my joys, their troubles are my troubles. Not to mention she is quite talented when it comes to writing sex scenes, HUBBA HUBBA! As a reader, it is clear that not only is her book's story based on research, but there is a dark side to this author and she has been through some of what she writes about, which brings an air of reality to her words I give this book 5 stars with 5 hands down the pants. Bring on Dante baby!!!

~Bookaholic Mama

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giovanni.

04/30/2015 marked as: read