M.C. O'Neill's Reviews > People Live Still in Cashtown Corners

People Live Still in Cashtown Corners by Tony Burgess

Apr 29, 2015

bookshelves: favorites

Everyone needs that special time to find themselves. Even serial killers. Bob Clark is summoned to his vision quest to defeat a crippling social anxiety that not even the isolated "community" of Cashtown Corners could provide.

Expect a maelstrom of confusion, disorientation and a plaintive journey to become whole... through killing. Touching understatements of murder to vomitous gore fills the pages. It's quite fantastic.

Canadian literature is dear to me as my press has published Great White North authors such as James Roy Daley, J. Elizabeth Hill and many others, but Burgess nails that section of our globe like a surgical carpenter.

It's been said a film is in the works. I would love to see Jake Weber take on the role of Clark. He's so unassuming, and yet, prone to terrible action.

Read "Cashtown Corners" and enjoy a jaunt into an irreal epiphany for a man infected with antisocial flu. Loved this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read People Live Still in Cashtown Corners.

04/29/2015 marked as: to-read