Aimie's Reviews > An Echo in the Bone

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

Oct 17, 2010

bookshelves: historical, romance, erotica, action
Read in October, 2010

Well after Diana seemed to get back on track with the last book 'A Breath of Snow and Ashes'. 'An Echo in the Bone' was a little disappointing, don't get me wrong it was full of action and I loved all the main points of the story I was just put off by the way it was written through lots of letters, I loved the letters to Bree, but the letters between Lord John and William kind of bored me, and there were lots of them! I found some of the scene where a little jumpy, like one minute we where in the printers shop with with a mass of arms, legs and fur on the floor, William walks in and aims his pistol and shoots. Then we are with Claire and William is there I'm assuming it's directly after the printers shop but nothing of it is mentioned. Then we are with one of the people in the mass of arms and legs scene and when DG is tying up the loose ends and it's gets explained that Claire saw and dealt with the injured etc. It just felt chippy choppy to me and I found afew things that happened we didn't get to live but we were told about it after the fact.
Being an avid fan I still love where she took all the story lines and where it has all been left.
I obviously can't wait for the next one :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in the Bone.