Rosie Amber's Reviews > Before the Dawn

Before the Dawn by Georgia  Rose

Before The Dawn is book two in the Grayson Trilogy. It crosses romantic suspense with mystery. Emma Grayson is the equestrian groom at Melton Manor Estate. To the locals this is a working farm estate, but inside it's an external force for MI6 to use. Top man Cavendish and his family are now targets for a ruthless organisation known as the Polzin family after the team recently put a stop to a branch of their human trafficking business.

Retaliation from the Polzin is expected and security on the estate steps up, as does the relationship between Trent and Emma. Caught between wanting to protect Emma and doing his job Trent finds letting Emma look after herself a challenge.

With a breach of security it's up to Emma and her horses to try to protect the children and her own survival instincts kick in when they are most needed.

I loved the jump straight into the action from the start of the book, it kept me reading and eager for the story. The setting and military use of surnames makes recognising characters easy, perhaps a little added background to some of them would help readers picking this book up as their first read of the trilogy. For my own tastes I would like to see the romantic boundaries stretched further with a few more details to the passion scenes, this would give more depth to the characters of Trent and Emma and really get the readers behind two good characters. Looking forward to book 3 and the final chapter of this trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before the Dawn.

April 29, 2015 – Started Reading