Liz's Reviews > Dreamland

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

TW: physical and emotional abuse.

Definitely feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest. Definitely was not prepared?! I knew it was going to be darker, but WOWZA. Very well written and so heartbreaking. I don't know how else to review it or to add on to that. Just... Brace yourself, and don't be afraid to give yourself a break and eat some pizza and watch something funny/uplifting while you're reading this one. It's an important one, though. Definitely. I'm glad that there are authors out there who aren't afraid to touch on the really dark stuff. In away, it's like them saying, "You are not alone. You can get help. It will take time, but you will heal."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamland.

April 28, 2015 – Started Reading
April 28, 2015 – Shelved
April 28, 2015 –
page 17
6.8% "I have a feeling that this one is going to be super sad :/"
April 29, 2015 –
page 76
30.4% "What's up with all the redheaded girls in Dessen's novels?"
April 29, 2015 –
page 158
63.2% "Wow, this is definitely one of the darker/sadder Dessen books. :["
April 29, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Velderman Your advice is so inspiring about what you said at the end of this book. If only Bre could have read this, and if she didnt kill herself this could and would have changed her life forever. So all of you kids out here getting bullied now i will stand by you no matter what and that we all love you. you are special& unique and awesome in your own way and you don't need to listen to what others say about you. You are beautiful inside and out and no matter what there will be that one person who will understand you and will help you.Please don't give up on yourself please know that u
you are loved and cared for. Don't Give UP . JUST BE YOU. DON'T LET OTHERS TEAR YOU DOWN. STAND UP TO THE CHALLENGE AND TELL ALL OF THE BULLIES OUT THERE THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE YOU AND YOU COULDNT BE MORE BEAUTIFUL.

Sarah Richards I couldn't agree with you more Liz this book is so gripping, it made me laugh and cry and cringe