Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more's Reviews > Magic Binds

Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews

9/13/17 - B/c I am an I D I O T, I'm just now realizing that there was a live recording of the book launch at NOLA StoryCon last year, AND I'M IN IT (0:44). B/c mariachi elephant line. Robin is too, in the last like 5 seconds. OHMAGAWD:

description

Non-spoilery list of things you can look forward to in MAGIC BINDS:

1. Finding out once and for all whether or not Roland is a Bad Guy.

2. Kate struggling with her Dark Side.

3. A character from the past who you thought was gone for good is BACK. And I'm okay with it!*

4. (view spoiler) <------not really a spoiler unless you're one of those people who doesn't want to know ANYTHING, even when it's obviously, unignorably coming. And if you're one of those, you probably shouldn't read reviews at all . . . o.O

5. Finding out what Christopher is!

6. SO much EPIC backhistory on Roland and the rest of Kate's ancestor's, and the ancient world they lived in.

7. WEDDING hilarity.

There's more, but I'll save it for the full review. The important thing is that MAGIC BINDS continues the upswing in Kate Daniels awesomeness.

Full RTC.

*#1 rule is: once you're dead, YOU'RE DEAD.

description

WARNING: this review is going to get bumped repeatedly until this book is released. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to unfriend me and block me. I don't give a damn. (<------Stolen from Sarah , b/c you can't improve on perfection.) #sorrynotsorry

4/22/16 - CHAPTER 1: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/magic-bi...

4/10/16 - DELETED SCENE: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/deleted-...

4/8/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/sorry-it...

3/29/16 - DELETED SCENE: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/deleted-...

3/11/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/two-things/

3/3/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/still-al...

2/9/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/very-sho...

2/4/16 - COVER REVEAL:

description

2/1/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/famous-l...

1/22/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/category...

1/20/16 - Up for preorder! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHKXIB0/?...

description

1/19/16 - SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/little-s...

1/2/16 - THE BEGINNING: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/the-begi...

From the Andrews' 8/27/15 blog post:

Kate and Curran are getting married on the July 6 (I know the book says June but it’s July) during a Russian pagan festival. So there will be lots of Russian stuff in the books. Also certain people (using plural here to avoid spoilers) get kidnapped by Roland and slowly murdered, and Kate must go and get said people rescued, even if they were total assholes in the last book.

So wedding. Kidnapping. Family reunions. Flower crowns. I want Kate to have the traditional Ivan Kupalo flower crown on the cover and so help me all the evil deities of Slavic pantheon, I will pitch a huge fit if it’s not there.

description

My other reviews for this series:

A Questionable Client (Kate Daniels, #0.5)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels, #3.5)
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5)
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
Magic Tests (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5)
Retribution Clause (Kate Daniels, #5.6)
An Ill-Advised Rescue (Kate Daniels, #5.8)
Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
Magic Stars (Kate Daniels, #8.5, Grey Wolf, #1)
Iron and Magic (Kate Daniels, #9.5)
Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
Curran POV Collection

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Binds.

Quotes Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Liked

Ilona Andrews
“I hadn’t crossed the line. I’d ridden an elephant up to it and run back and forth along its edge while a mariachi band played in the background, but I hadn’t crossed it.”

Ilona Andrews
“Only two kinds of people drink their coffee black: cops and serial killers.”

“What is this?"
"It's a wedding invitation," Julie said.
"I didn't order any."
Julie grinned at me. "Roman."
Ugh. That's right. I waved the envelope at her. "It has flowers on it."
"Did you want gore, swords, and severed heads?" she asked.”

April 28, 2015 – Shelved
May 16, 2016 – Started Reading
May 16, 2016 –
page 17
5.06% "“Ghastek, why haven’t you married?” I asked.\n He gave me a thin-lipped smile. “Because if I were to get married, I would want to have a family. To me, marriage means children.”\n “So what’s the problem? Shooting blanks?” Desandra asked.\n \n description"
May 16, 2016 –
page 20
5.95% "Nick smiled. “Give him hell, Sharrim.”\n Mahon pounded his fist on the table. The wood thudded like a drum. “You will keep a civil tongue in your mouth when you speak to my daughter-in-law!”\n “Your daughter-in-law is an abomination,” Nick told him.\n \n description"
May 17, 2016 –
page 46
13.69% ""Do you at least have the dress?”\n “Yes.”\n “Is it white?”\n “Yes.”\n He squinted at me. “Is it a wedding dress?”\n “It’s a white dress.”\n “Have you worn it before?”\n “Maybe.”\n Ascanio snickered.\n \n description"
May 17, 2016 –
page 52
15.48% "YOU KNOW NOTHING, WITCH ORACLE.\n \n description"
page 108
32.14% "". . . ‘a winged devil’ landed on the horse and told them to run before he devoured their souls. “\n Well, that escalated quickly. Winged devil, huh. “And this devil rode the horse?”\n “Supposedly.”\n So the winged horses were rideable.\n \n description"
page 208
61.9% ""This is why I chose to make no claim. I had no desire to rule."\n \n Blood and bloody ashes."
page 208
61.9% "This knife represents a wealth of knowledge. But you want to . . . simply circumvent the learning process. If you gave this knife to a Cro-Magnon, he would appreciate it. But he wouldn’t know why it worked so well. He couldn’t reproduce it . . . All that wealth of knowledge would never be acquired.”\n “I can make a better knife,” he said.\n \n Ughhhhhhh. *bangs head against wall*"
page 290
86.31% " "You’re like a crazy cat lady, but you collect killers instead of fluffy cats.” \n \n description"
May 18, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 125 (125 new)

Cristina LOVE.THIS.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* I'm guessing a certain 'S' character is one kidnapped from that description. I'm surprised people are being murdered by Roland since he's still wanting the plan to be a surprise, but of course there must be a reason. The Andrews team always thinks of good ones.

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more My top bets are 'S' or 'N.' Really, I'm leaning towards 'N' but that could just be my want overshadowing reality ;)

message 5: by Mada (new) - added it

Mada Okay. I'm dying here. Who are S and N? I haven't read Magic Shift yet. God, I need to read it asap.

message 7: by Mada (new) - added it

Mada Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Nick or Saimon ;)"

I hope it's not Nick. I like him. Maybe it's Mahon. He's always kind of an asshole.

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Mahon was my immediate thought too, but politically speaking, Nick or Saimon make more sense. After you read MAGIC SHIFTS, see what you think. Everyone I've talked to is like me--already read it when the Andrews posted that^^^ So we were all racking our brains, LOL. But YOU can read it with fresh eyes ;)

message 9: by Mada (new) - added it

Mada I'll read it this weekend :) Now I'm really curious what happened with Nick and Saiman. I never liked Saiman. He's such a creep.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Can't wait!!! A WEDDING;-)

Robin (Bridge Four) Oh....could it be Siamon. He was an ass last book he deserves to be kidnapped.

Steven The blurb makes me even more GRABBY HANDS than before.

Lisazj1 September is so FAARRRRR *whines*

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Lisazj1 wrote: "September is so FAARRRRR *whines*"

message 15: by Cris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cris Thanks for the blurb!

Lisazj1 Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Lisazj1 wrote: "September is so FAARRRRR *whines*"

I know! What's up with that? We're supposed to get it in late July. *kicks aluminum can*"

I guess you can't rush genius *you can't, right???* plus I hope they're taking the extra time for can't marry the man she loves or everybody dies because O.O

Nafeeza Love it, can't wait! It's S and Roman is going to officiate the wedding (I read a sneak peek on Andrews blog). ^_^

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Cristina wrote: "Thanks for the blurb!"

No problem!

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Lisazj1 wrote: "Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Lisazj1 wrote: "September is so FAARRRRR *whines*"

I guess..."

Stop it, stop it, STAHP IT! *bites fingernails*

You know, yesterday was the first time I read the official blurb? *edvard munch face*

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Cristina wrote: "Thanks for the blurb!"

No problem!"

Nafeeza wrote: "http://www.ilona-andrews.com/blog/cat..."

Yes, I read it, too. We (IAA) had this huge debate over who it was that was going to get kidnapped by Roland. I think it was pretty much down to Saiman or Nick before the snippet. I was rooting for Nick (b/c detest Saiman). Which only makes sense to Kate fans, LOL.

Nafeeza Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Cristina wrote: "Thanks for the blurb!"

No problem!"

Nafeeza wrote: "http://www.ilona-andrews.com/blog/cat..."

Yes, I read it, t..."

I know, Saiman is such a coward. And the official blurb just has me making grabby hands for the next book. I hope you are happy Jessica, you have officially turned me into an IAA/stalker for all things IA.

Steven I guess I'm the only Kate Daniels fan who likes Saiman... X) (Not really as a PERSON, but he's a great character)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Nafeeza wrote: "I hope you are happy Jessica, you have officially turned me into an IAA/stalker for all things IA."

SO happy. Pig of Happiness happy.

description

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Steven wrote: "I guess I'm the only Kate Daniels fan who likes Saiman... X) (Not really as a PERSON, but he's a great character)"

Ugh. Kate should let him ROT.

Steven Probably true also. He'll just cause more problems for her.

But he's a great character to have to throw wrenches in works. :D

Plus, I'm a little jealous of his ability to shapeshift into whatever person he wants to look like. Seems like that could be loads of fun. :P

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Steven wrote: "But he's a great character to have to throw wrenches in works...

I felt the same way up until the last book when he (view spoiler) I no longer find his moral ambiguity entertaining. *grumbles*

Steven Ah, I can see that.

I need to reread them all. :D

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Steven wrote: "I need to reread them all. :D"

EVERYDAY.

Nafeeza Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Nafeeza wrote: "I hope you are happy Jessica, you have officially turned me into an IAA/stalker for all things IA."

SO happy. Pig of Happiness happy.

"

LOL

Carolina I have preordered! Can't wait.

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Carolina wrote: "I have preordered! Can't wait."

Me, tooooooooo!

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) HAHAHAHA, YES! Let's not give a damn together, Jessica:D

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more ✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) wrote: "HAHAHAHA, YES! Let's not give a damn together, Jessica:D "

For realz.

description

Ariel I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more We ALL need this in our lives right now ;)

Cristina LOVE the cover!

message 38: by MrsJoseph (new) - added it

MrsJoseph OMG! SWOON

Steven OH wow. That's funny. I didn't see this but posted it on your facebook wall. LOL

I also said "YASSSS"

X)

Bonnie SO. PRETTY.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* Oh the cover is gorgeous, think this is my favorite one.

message 43: by Choko (new)

Choko Gosh, they should do something about better covers... But we still love them!!!

Carolina OMG! OMG! OMG! I love it! LOVE IT!

Nafeeza Love it!

message 46: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Holy hell! I love that cover!!!!

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more I know, I love it, too! I don't care about the weird peasant blouse. KATE! The end ;)

Sharon L That cover = gorgeous!!

lol, I can't wait!

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more 8 looooooong months. *kicks aluminum can*

message 50: by Emalie (new)

Emalie Can't wait. Is it September yet?

« previous 1 3