Karysa Faire's Reviews > Where Destiny Plays

Where Destiny Plays by Regina Kammer

Apr 27, 2015

Where Destiny Plays is the best of the Harwell Heirs trilogy. Emotionally satisfying, erotic, with a delightful happy ending, this book did not disappoint. It was also the best written of the three as Ms. Kammer emerges as one of the most talented erotic writers in her genre.

The love story focuses on Lavinia and Arthur, two secondary characters in the first books who play pivotal roles in helping their friends and family find their happy-ever-afters. It's finally their turn to find love--and have some fabulous sex while doing just that! These two are my favorite characters from the other books as they're both self-assured, mature (Lavinia is in her mid-forties), intelligent, yet both have a tragedy in their past preventing them from giving their heart to anyone. Characters I can relate to. And I loved taking this journey with them.

There is also a redemption story with a secondary character who was a piece of evil crap in the Pleasure Device. I had my doubts when I first got the inkling of where the story was going--I wanted to hate this man until the end of time because he deserved it! And let's face it, this is romance where the reality of complex emotions doesn't have to intrude. However, without giving too much away, the plot works and intertwines beautifully with Lavinia and Arthur's love story, enriching the HEA to where I had tears in my eyes as I read the last pages.

Where Destiny Plays is also a historical erotic romance. And somehow it works without being a trashy novel that felt like I was reading a contemporary story with people playing dress-up and pretending to ride horses instead of driving cars. It takes a very skilled author to convince me to put aside my pre-conceived notions of the time period and go along with the premise of sex, sex and more sex (along with that HEA). Ms. Kammer succeeds in doing just that. She's clearly done her research in the period in regards to societal norms, expectations, and the acceptable interactions between people of differing stations and culture. People are people, no matter what time period they're from, with desires and emotions that would be familiar across the ages. Where Destiny Plays makes the reader believe that this erotic love story actually could take place in London in the 1800s.

If you enjoy historical love stories, if you enjoy erotic romance, if you appreciate a smart read, you will LOVE this series.

I was given a free copy of Where Destiny Plays in exchange for my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Destiny Plays.

Started Reading
April 17, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 27, 2015 – Shelved

Regina Kammer I'm so excited about this review! Thank you!

Karysa Faire You're welcome! No go out and share this book with more people!

Karysa Faire Oops--that should be "NOW go out there and share this book with more people!" Promote, baby, promote. Other people will like it!!!