Brittany's Reviews > Party Princess

Oct 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: audiobooks, young-adult, read-in-2010
Read on October 16, 2010

Mia was recently elected president of the student body, and things were going great until she realized...oops...they are broke! It must have been those high tech recycling bins they installed. Having no money left for a commencement ceremony, Mia is desperate to raise some serious funds. Leave it to Grandmère to come up with a crazy scheme to raise money. Mia is to star in a play based on a Genovian ancestor's life. Her co-star is a boy named J.P. (formerly known as "the guy who hates it when they put corn in the chili"), and they are supposed to share an on-screen kiss. Mia is mortified and worries about Michael's reaction. As if she didn't have enough to worry about already - Michael is throwing his first college party, and Mia is expected to attend, despite her insecurity about not being a "party girl."

This was a fun story, but there were too many subplots going at one time I think. I did like that we got to know J.P. in this story, and I hope we see more of him in future books. Party Princess (The Princess Diaries Vol. 7) wasn't my favorite book of the series, but it did make me want to keep reading the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Party Princess.