Angie Elle's Reviews > The Bedding Proposal

The Bedding Proposal by Tracy Anne Warren

bookshelves: favorites
Read 2 times. Last read February 11, 2019 to February 14, 2019.

Thank you to Signet for providing a print copy of this book in exchange for a review.

I can’t say enough good things about this book. The Bedding Proposal was so chock-full of emotion I found myself fighting back tears more than once. Thalia and Leo were absolutely wonderful characters, the writing and build up in this book stellar.

I want to start off by saying that I read a lot of books including a hero who is seeking a mistress. He finds the woman, falls immediately in love with her, and thus begins his pursuit to take her as a bride. But this book actually went there. Leo was in search of a mistress, and only Lady Thalia Lennox would do. It takes quite a bit of coaxing on Leo’s part, but he eventually wheedles his way into Thalia’s bed with no promises. Leo was very charming and easy going—just fun to read about because he enjoyed life. Thalia was very likable, if a bit stand-offish. It’s obvious from the beginning she has her secrets. I desperately wanted to know her history and what led to her public shame, but after hearing it, I almost wished I hadn’t. It was so devastating, and it was a wonder she was able to extend Leo even the tiniest bit of trust.

This book had a few things that bothered me – there was a husband/wife conversation that felt a bit awkward and something at the end that felt like it happened merely for convenience. But you know what? I couldn’t even take a star off because the rest of the story was so beautiful. For some reason, it always guts me when a hero is brought to his knees, and Leo definitely was in The Bedding Proposal. While there was some heavy subject matter covered in this book, there was also a lot of laughter and fun along the way. If you’re a fan of historical romance and haven’t read this book, it needs to be on your to be read list!

I switched back and forth between print and audio for this one, and I loved the audio! The narrator was wonderful, and I will definitely be looking for more books that feature her as the reader.

This review was originally posted at Badass Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bedding Proposal.

April 27, 2015 – Shelved
April 27, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 9, 2016 – Started Reading
page 88
25.0% "This book has me in stitches!"
page 141
page 141
40.06% "I can't believe I waited so long to read this. I'm crazy about this book!"
page 223
page 248
page 248
70.45% "Something's going to happen that's going to devastate me. I can feel it. Grrrr."
page 265
75.28% "Oh, I was right. So sad. :("
February 10, 2016 – Finished Reading
March 23, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
February 11, 2019 – Started Reading
February 11, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "Re-read via audio."
February 14, 2019 – Finished Reading