Надежда's Reviews > Solipsist

Solipsist by Henry Rollins

Oct 16, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solipsist.

Quotes Надежда Liked

Henry Rollins
“I’m packed with broken glass and memories and it all hurts.”

Henry Rollins
“I like the idea of someone else’s love safely sealed in a song or a book.”

Henry Rollins
“I want you bad like a natural disaster. You are all I see. You are the only one I want to know.”

Henry Rollins
“You are the untold story. You are the impassioned truth wanting to scream its existence, to be forever trapped by a strong hand clapped firmly over the mouth of my soul.”

Henry Rollins
“You’ll never know that just sitting across a room full of people, I have transformed you into a goddess. A destroyer of despair.”

Henry Rollins
“Horror jolts me when I look at one of you and see a pair of beautiful eyes that make me think your mind might contain a world that could hold me as the bolts shake loose and fly from my frame.”

Henry Rollins
“Help me to withstand your beauty as it stands out of reach. Give me the capacity to forget ever having felt your touch.”

Henry Rollins
“You can only take me so low. After that it just doesn’t hurt anymore. Your words and blows lose meaning and effect. You lose control of the situation. I can withstand any beating you can administer effortlessly but would die from receiving. How? I have waited. I have paid. I have scarred myself crawling through the guts of the machine, seeing how it works.”

Henry Rollins
“I would like to be able to gently drift in and out of existence when I wanted to. I don’t want to kill myself. I still want to listen to Charlie Parker and sit in a room alone at four in the morning. There are moments to live for. There are times, hours slammed together, that are definitely worthwhile. It’s all the other hours, minutes and unendurable expanses of time that drag me by my collarbone slowly through the mindlessness of their blank words.”