preppea's Reviews > The Girl I Was Before

The Girl I Was Before by Ginger Scott

Everyone has their favorite book or series by a particular author, and the Falling series, this out of all the books I’ve read by Ginger Scott, is mine. I literally want to crawl up onto McConnell’s college campus and just watch the Preeter brothers, the Owens sisters, Rowe and Houston interact. I’m a big fan of not going overboard pursuing every character in a series just so the series can continue, but I can’t deny that I started watching each of Houston’s friends, wondering if any of them had the potential to be my next love interest so I didn’t have to say goodbye.

Paige is cold and harsh and she always has her eyes on the prize; no matter who she has to take down to get there. But Houston sees beyond her abrasive exterior and sees the brave girl who was born to lead and be her own hero. Just as Paige starts to let down her walls and let herself believe she might be worthy of Houston’s love, her past catches up with her and she has to choose between her own future and the futures of those she loves.

THE GIRL I WAS BEFORE made me laugh, made me cry, made me fall hard for Paige, Houston, and their love story. I couldn’t get enough of this amazing book that felt so comfortable, so familiar, and yet so special all at once. I loved the characters, loved the setting, loved how dimensional and real it all felt. The only moment I questioned for a minute was when Chandra got her dues—it seemed a little unbelievable how the story panned out in that moment but other than that, it was bliss. I give THE GIRL I WAS BEFORE a resounding 5 stars and hope every future book by Ginger Scott develops an equally phenomenal group of characters (no pressure or anything ;)).

**Complimentary copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.

photo BookieWebHeader_zps2a31d562.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl I Was Before.

April 26, 2015 – Shelved