Romancing the Book's Reviews > Twisted Engagement

Twisted Engagement by Sandi K. Whipple

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, suspense

Reviewed by Angela
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Wow, this book is what I would call a sleeper. I read the summary about Twisted Engagement and thought it seems like any other book that I’ve read but once I got into it I couldn’t put it down. I instantly fell for the main female character Lilly. She is down to earth and would rather hurt herself then hurt those around her. It really touched a cord with me. Lilly is also joined by the male lead of Glenn. He in his own right has a lot of amazing qualities that make him stand out.

The book mostly takes place in Everley Falls Colorado. Although the author doesn’t focus a lot on the outdoors environment she is very descriptive about the surroundings within the Senator hotel where Lilly is staying. The plot to the story was the “sleeper” part for me. I wasn’t expecting the twists and turns that were caused by Lilly’s ex. That is the part of the book that kept me on the edge of my seat and flipping rapidly through those pages.

There is also another couple that forms in the book that we get to spend a lot of time with and that is Lilly’s best friend Sue and Glenn’s best friend Jim. Jim and Sue met by chance at the hotel. The book itself is told from the point of view of Lilly and Glenn but you get a lot of insight into the relationship that forms between Jim and Sue.

Following Lilly throughout the book is a journey in and of itself. You really get to see her grow and figure out who she is. From a quiet “church mouse” to a fiercely independent woman who knows what she want’s.

Twisted Engagement is a stand alone novel and does not end in a cliff hanger. It’s a wonderful story about falling in love and getting your happily ever after. It’s not quite that straight forward though. All couples have their ups and downs and Glenn and Lilly are no exception.

Favorite Quote: “Now, as you’re only wasting and taking up space above ground, as well as littering the lobby of my husband’s hotel, I suggest you get out and stay out!”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Engagement.

Finished Reading