Lola's Reviews > Pregnant by the Cowboy CEO

Pregnant by the Cowboy CEO by Catherine Mann

bookshelves: books-that-i-own, e-books-on-ipad, netgalley, got-a-copy-for-review-reviewed

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed the first two books in this series and was excited to also get my hands on a review copy of the third book for review as well. I really have grown fond of these characters and I was looking forward to see how Catherine Mann would wrap up this series.

The start of this book felt a bit off, it felt like we jumped head first into things with the prologue and only later I realized how important that part was, but it felt a bit like a jarring start. Once the first chapter started we're back in familiar terrain, Amie's grandma gives Amie her quest to spend a week with the new CEO of the company to present an united font. Mariah McNair is really perceptive and a smart women even though she's dying and all these tasks basically set the main characters up with their love interest.

I really enjoyed this book and it takes us through a lot of emotions, I felt this last book in the series was more emotional than the previous once, mainly because it's the last book, but also because of Preston his past and Amie being with a baby which complicates their relationship.

I really liked getting to know Amie and Preston better. We already got glimpses from Amie in the first two books, so we already know things about her and her past and her parents, but in this book we get her perspective. While she is a very creative and successful women she has a lot of insecurities she carries around and while she wants Preston to be in her life for her and their babies sake, she doesn't know how to breach the topic and actually wants the whole love thing and not just being together for the baby, but as these things are so intertwined it's really hard for the reader and the characters to separate them. Preston is a workaholic with a past he rather leaves behind. He cares about Amie, but he isn't the most skilful when it comes to relationships and he messes up a few times and then there's a scene later on with his ex-wife which was very fun and well written and I liked how it wasn't only awkward like how things usually are when exes are involved.

I liked both characters although there where also times I wanted to shake some sense in them. Amie her insecurities prevent her form seeing what's in front of her and Preston tries to do things right and doesn't realize what he does wrong instead. It was frustrating, but also fun to see their romance develop. One thing that bothered me a bit, was that while the chemistry was of the charts and they certainly had a lot of lust and attraction I felt the love and deeper emotions less. There are some hot scenes and the chemistry between them was obvious, but sometimes it felt like they had sex instead of talk things through. Eventually it is clear they have more, but I felt it went a bit too fast and only in the epilogue I really felt like they where in love.

We also get some cameo appearances of mainly Alex and Nina, which was fun as we see how their lives are continuing. And towards the end we also hear how Stone is doing. All in all this book wraps up all their stories nicely and gives us a view of their future. It's also bittersweet at times because of Mariah her illness. I liked the ending and I felt at pace knowing everything was at place.

To conclude: I really enjoyed this book. It's the last book in the series and wraps things up nicely. This book felt a bit more emotional than the first two books and deal with a few emotional topics. I liked how the baby complicated their relationship, although the romance felt more based on lust than love, especially at first, but I did feel their chemistry and connection. All in all this was a great book and a great ending to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pregnant by the Cowboy CEO.

April 25, 2015 – Shelved