Geri Reads's Reviews > Sweet as Sin

Sweet as Sin by J.T. Geissinger

After a month of thinking, I'm afraid this book will remain unrated for me. Like I said, this was an addicting read. If you like drama, angst...drama and more drama then you will lap this book up. Yes, it is another cliched rockstar-falls-for-ordinary girl story that has been done before but that's part of why people will read this and love it. Why? The story feels familiar with a few surprises thrown in, which again, will either irk the reader...or not.

I concede that yes, this is very crackalicious in a way, but some of the characters' actions and words were just offensive to me. Some of their actions and their prejudices just bothered me. I don't know if that's the intention of the author but it was a major fail and I think a lot of readers wouldn't be able to get past it.

Bottom line? Read it at your own risk. On the one hand, you'll definitely get nonstop drama, insta-love/connection between the MCs and some really hot action. On the other, the jokes might be too much and bordering on offensive and will probably make you rage. I know my review doesn't help at all but I have no idea what to say really, so I'll leave it at that.

ARC provided by Montlake Romance in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet as Sin.

April 24, 2015 – Shelved
April 24, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
April 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~ Reading a book in one sitting is always a good sign. Can't wait to see your full thoughts now :)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Will you write a damn review already? Gawd! LMAO

message 3: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ wrote: "Will you write a damn review already? Gawd! LMAO"

LMAO!! It'll be a no-rating review for sure.

message 4: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads Lisa wrote: "Ok, I have an ARC of this one and now I am scared. LOL!"

I think you will love this one, Lisa! Don't be scared. lol!

message 5: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads ~ Stéphanie ~ Belgian Naughty Reader ~ wrote: "Reading a book in one sitting is always a good sign. Can't wait to see your full thoughts now :)"

Yes!! This one was unputdownable!

message 6: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I actually couldn't agree more...in the end I decided I loved it! Sometimes I can overlook the ugly when the beautiful is so good!

Anne OK Does this have a cliffhanger, or is the story finished in this book? I note that it's a new series. I'm intrigued. Thanks!

message 8: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads Anne OK wrote: "Does this have a cliffhanger, or is the story finished in this book? I note that it's a new series. I'm intrigued. Thanks!"

It ends in HEA, Anne. I think the series will continue with the other members of the band.

message 9: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads Elizabeth wrote: "I actually couldn't agree more...in the end I decided I loved it! Sometimes I can overlook the ugly when the beautiful is so good!
:)"

Yay! Glad you loved it, Elizabeth. I might give it another peek before I write my review closer to the release date. I've totally forgotten some parts of it.

message 10: by Debora (new)

Debora Cheating?? Ekk

Laura What was offensive?

Stacey I agree with you that some things could be offensive, but I also loved it. I just couldn't put myself in Kat's place because I wouldn't put up with some of Nico's crap, and vise versa.

message 13: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads Laura wrote: "What was offensive?"

The tranny, midget jokes plus the gay stereotypes. Take note that I read the ARC though so maybe they changed some things in the final copy. I just didn't find those jokes funny at all.

message 14: by Geri Reads (new) - added it

Geri Reads Stacey wrote: "I agree with you that some things could be offensive, but I also loved it. I just couldn't put myself in Kat's place because I wouldn't put up with some of Nico's crap, and vise versa."

Nico would get punched in the face if he said that in real life, Stacy. But I get where you're coming from. This book is very readable which is why I didn't rate it because despite my personal feelings towards the book, I really feel like a lot of people are going to love it. :)