Carrie's Reviews > A Season of Seduction

A Season of Seduction by Jennifer Haymore

Oct 14, 2010

A SEASON OF SEDUCTION is a treat! I found myself wanting to start over as soon as I finished reading. Rebecca is a very interesting character. If you’ve read the other books in the series then you know that she has gone through some very dark times and still have a positive outlook on life. (It doesn’t really matter if you have read the previous books or not. Each book stands alone.) It took some time for me to start liking Jack. His motives weren’t completely honest in the beginning and I didn’t want anything bad to happen to Rebecca. One thing I really like about Ms. Haymore’s storytelling is she can write a character that isn’t a good guy and still make the reader root for him. Jack isn’t truly bad and he does have solid reasonings for what he tries to do with Rebecca. It takes him awhile to realize what’s truly important in his life. I love the fact that Rebecca comes into her own during this book. She starts as a timid young lady who has been through so much and ends the story as a independent woman who could take care of herself if she needed to. The ending of this story is so perfect it made me smile. Without giving anything away, I will say that I loved that we got our happy ending without everything the couple had gone through being glossed over. There were still repercussions for some of their actions that they were going to deal with together. It made the ending of the book seem more realistic than an “and they lived happily ever after” type ending would have.

Jennifer Haymore has fast become one of my favorite authors and I can’t wait for many more fabulous books from her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season of Seduction.