E.J.'s Reviews > Weakest Lynx

Weakest Lynx by Fiona Quinn

8192821

it was ok

I had to force myself to finish this book. I started reading it weeks ago and put it aside multiple times. I just could not get into a character who has mastered everything by the time she was 14. And I do mean pretty much everything. She flies planes at 12, is a master spy and analyst a couple of years later. She cooks like a dream, she does astounding magic. She is psychic as well as being an expert in hand to hand.
I also did not like the obvious romance subplot between Lexi (who is married but they make a big repeated point that she is still a virgin) and Stryker. Why make her married if you want to have a romance line?
I also found the thriller not very thrilling. Lexi gets threatening notes, then some more, then some more. I did not feel any ratcheting of tension or escalation for a good chunk of the book. The stalker does come after her at some point but it felt like he spent months essentially doing nothing other than writing yet another note.
And don't even get me started on her having round the clock protection from spies because of her stalker.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weakest Lynx.

April 23, 2015 – Started Reading
April 23, 2015 – Shelved
April 23, 2015 –
30.0% "I am having trouble getting into it. Lexi has stalker who keeps leaving her notes. It has happen several times but there has been no real escalation in the tension or his actions. Note, then note, then note. The heroine is also supposed to be great at everything but is moving from Maryland to Puerto Rico to leave the country. Sigh. PR is a US territory not a separate country. Her husband is from PR so she should know"
April 27, 2015 –
47.0% "I'm 47% done now and still having issues. Credibility issues if nothing else. SPOILER: SPOILER:\n Lexi is attacked and they put half a dozen super spies to guard her? Women are attacked every day in this country. The police don't have the resources to put one guard on everyone. Why would she get 6?"
April 27, 2015 –
47.0% "The back of the paperback describes the book like a romance "Striker Rheas, a seasoned special agent, is charged with keeping Lexi safe. But can he keep his personal life separate from his professional life as he finds himself falling for his assignment?" and there is definitely a lot of hey baby vibes going on between Striker and Lexi. But Lexi is married. Not cool."
May 18, 2015 – Finished Reading