Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Shadow's End

Shadow's End by Thea Harrison

Apr 23, 2015

bookshelves: 5-stars, fav-shifter-books, fav-urban-fantasy, favorites

~ 4.5 Shadow’s End Stars ~

Shadow’s End is book nine in the Elder Races series by Thea Harrison. It’s full of lose, heartache, longing, and love.

Each book in the Elder Races series deals with a different couple and can be read as a stand a lone, but they are best in order.

WOW! What an emotional journey. I never expected to learn the things I did about Graydon and I never expected to like Beluviel (not a fan of the Fae in this series) as much as I did.

Graydon, First Sentinel of the Wyr and a gryphon. I’ve come to love this quit, strong, steadfast and loyal Sentinel throughout the books and to see his past and learn what we do. wow just wow.

Beluviel consort to the Elven High King. She excels at fixing bad situation not only for herself, but for those around her. You see her character grow stronger throughout the book and by the end her voice is fierce.

As for the romance. I liked it. It did feel a little rushed at times. I could feel the bond forming between them and sparks do fly off the pages when they are together.

The events that take place in the plot will leave you devastated and delighted. Some major changes happen for all the Wyr not just for our leads. We are also treated to an exceptional flash back that explains what is going on with Graydon and Beluviel and how they got on a path they may not be able to change.

The events that happen in Shadow’s End will leave you reeling for their is no shortage of action, adventure, lose, longing and family love. All I can say is you will want a box of tissues handy.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow's End.

April 23, 2015 – Shelved
April 23, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 29, 2016 – Started Reading
February 29, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 29, 2016 –
page 28
March 1, 2016 –
page 95
32.31% "Heartbreaking and sad for Gray..."
March 2, 2016 –
page 129
43.88% "Eeee, this is intense."
March 2, 2016 –
100.0% "Well dang. Tissues I had to have them. Very few books move me to tiers. What an emotional journey."
March 2, 2016 – Finished Reading