Carlie K's Reviews > A Work in Progress

A Work in Progress by Connor Franta

bookshelves: to-read

Because it's written by Connor :)

Merged review:

4.5 stars.
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl
-----------------------------------------------
You can get this book on Bookdepository
-----------------------------------------------
"Real life isn't like that. It's one take, unedited, imperfect, and littered with mistakes that we must repeat until we get it right."

Who is Connor Franta? Connor is a 22-year-old Youtuber, who uploads videos about random topics every week. You may doubt how much you'll possibly learn from a person who has only lived for 22 years. However, this is not about the number of years he has lived, but rather what kind of life he has lived so far.

Connor always appears to be funny and dramatic in his videos; sometimes it's just difficult to take him seriously. I assume that you must be interested in his book if you're reading this, and if you are debating whether you should read it, then I suggest you to watch the following video of his.

Life Doesn't Wait by Connor Franta

Among all the hilarious vids, a video like this is the one that really hits me. And in his debut, it's full of surprises and wise and sensitive words like this.

In the 212 pages, you get to know the life stories of Connor. Some of them will surprise you; some of them will melt your heart; some of them will give you courage. After every story, Connor talks about what he learns from it, and somehow as a reader, I learn from it too. There are no fancy words or special writing techniques. Connor's words are sincere, raw and honest. You can feel his personality in them. It's like hearing Connor talks to you, gives you advice and encourages you gently.

Besides the words, the pictures inside the book are also fantastic. The ones took by Connor are really artsy. If you are someone who is into photography (like me), I truly suggest you to pick this up because it inspires me to take good pictures. One of the things that I've learned from Connor is that don't give up your artistic side even when others don't approve. Do what you love, and love what you do.

If you wanna be inspired, start this 212-page journey, I'm sure it's gonna be an unforgettable one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Work in Progress.

April 23, 2015 – Started Reading
April 23, 2015 – Shelved
April 23, 2015 –
page 0
0.0% "Starting it now because I need a little inspiration :)"
April 23, 2015 –
page 145
68.4% "This book is something truly special :)"
April 24, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 6, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Grech-Harding Is this book age appropriate for an 11 year old. My niece wants it but I'm never heard of him.

Carlie K Caroline wrote: "Is this book age appropriate for an 11 year old. My niece wants it but I'm never heard of him."

yes! It's really inspiring :)

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Grech-Harding Ty

Serenity Liessmann I have to agree with you about the fact that his photos are very inspiring, and also I love how he would put the fact of doing what you love no matter how much people go against it.